Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can't see pre-order meal options for transcon redeye Flagship

Old Nov 19, 19, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond

Hi

I have a Biz class flight in less than 30 days,

In MMB I can see pre-order options for LHR-JFK return but for the JFK-LAX sectors the pre-order options are not shown.

The JFK-LAX sectors I am flying Business Class on-board the A321T - should the pre-order options be available?

Thanks
Old Nov 19, 19, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Exactly what day and time is your JFK-LAX flight? The menu shows at exactly 30 days, down to the minute.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 19, 19, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS View Post
Exactly what day and time is your JFK-LAX flight? The menu shows at exactly 30 days, down to the minute.
Hi USFlyer

the flights are 5 and 9 December. JFK-LAX is 10pm and LAX-JFK Is 10:50pm

thanks
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie View Post
Hi

I have a Biz class flight in less than 30 days,

In MMB I can see pre-order options for LHR-JFK return but for the JFK-LAX sectors the pre-order options are not shown.

The JFK-LAX sectors I am flying Business Class on-board the A321T - should the pre-order options be available?

Thanks
Are you trying to use BA's MMB to look at pre-ordering? You have to use AA's website, with the AA PNR.
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ShortDog View Post
Are you trying to use BA's MMB to look at pre-ordering? You have to use AA's website, with the AA PNR.
Hi

using AA MMB. Iíve booked my meal for the LHR-JFK segments

thanks
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Hi USFlyer

the flights are 5 and 9 December. JFK-LAX is 10pm and LAX-JFK Is 10:50pm

thanks
AFAIK those flight times do not have full meal services.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:09 am
dll

Programs: AA EX PLT; Marriott Plt; *wood Plt
Both flights are marked Snack or Brunch which is probably why pre-order is not available to you. They'll both offer meals, although abbreviated from the "full service" transcon Flagship product. I believe AA's expectation is most customers will choose to pre-dine in the lounge prior to these late evening flights. Haven't taken one of these in a year or so but my last experience was that it's a single tray service with a more streamlined menu.
FlyingWelshie likes this.
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
JFK-LAX is 10pm and LAX-JFK Is 10:50pm
That's why. Neither of those flights get full meals.
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
After all these years, we are still seeing that phantom "Snack or Brunch" meal designation. It has been a known bug in SABRE for 30+ years and nobody seems to be motivated to fix it.

Back to the topic at hand, there is no pre-flight meal choice on the red-eye transcon flights. But you will receive a light meal service.
Old Nov 19, 19, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
After all these years, we are still seeing that phantom "Snack or Brunch" meal designation. It has been a known bug in SABRE for 30+ years and nobody seems to be motivated to fix it.

Back to the topic at hand, there is no pre-flight meal choice on the red-eye transcon flights. But you will receive a light meal service.

Exactly. Just eat in the lounge before departure and sleep on board. Not worth staying awake for a snack service.
Old Nov 20, 19, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
How is this a bug? It seems to be a correct description. A snack is served on this flight.
Old Nov 20, 19, 9:24 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
Preorder Available Previously

Thatís not correct. I have made pre-order selections for transcon red-eyes, for the late night snack, as recently as July. Not seeing it now for my flight tomorrow night.
Old Nov 20, 19, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by hunterjumperguy View Post
Thatís not correct. I have made pre-order selections for transcon red-eyes, for the late night snack, as recently as July. Not seeing it now for my flight tomorrow night.
thatís what I was about to say.....definitely was able to preorder for the premium transcon red eyes before.....specifically that meatloaf dish.
hunterjumperguy likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: