Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can't see pre-order meal options for transcon redeye Flagship

Can't see pre-order meal options for transcon redeye Flagship

Old Nov 19, 19, 10:41 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Programs: BA Silver Hilton Diamond
Posts: 39
Can't see pre-order meal options for transcon redeye Flagship

Hi

I have a Biz class flight in less than 30 days,

In MMB I can see pre-order options for LHR-JFK return but for the JFK-LAX sectors the pre-order options are not shown.

The JFK-LAX sectors I am flying Business Class on-board the A321T - should the pre-order options be available?

Thanks
FlyingWelshie is offline  
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:18 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,397
Exactly what day and time is your JFK-LAX flight? The menu shows at exactly 30 days, down to the minute.
Antarius likes this.
USFlyerUS is offline  
Old Nov 19, 19, 11:56 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Programs: BA Silver Hilton Diamond
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS View Post
Exactly what day and time is your JFK-LAX flight? The menu shows at exactly 30 days, down to the minute.
Hi USFlyer

the flights are 5 and 9 December. JFK-LAX is 10pm and LAX-JFK Is 10:50pm

thanks
FlyingWelshie is offline  
Old Nov 19, 19, 12:05 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 350
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie View Post
Hi

I have a Biz class flight in less than 30 days,

In MMB I can see pre-order options for LHR-JFK return but for the JFK-LAX sectors the pre-order options are not shown.

The JFK-LAX sectors I am flying Business Class on-board the A321T - should the pre-order options be available?

Thanks
Are you trying to use BA's MMB to look at pre-ordering? You have to use AA's website, with the AA PNR.
ShortDog is offline  
Old Nov 19, 19, 12:07 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Programs: BA Silver Hilton Diamond
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by ShortDog View Post
Are you trying to use BA's MMB to look at pre-ordering? You have to use AA's website, with the AA PNR.
Hi

using AA MMB. Iíve booked my meal for the LHR-JFK segments

thanks
FlyingWelshie is offline  
Old Nov 19, 19, 12:07 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RDU <|> MMX
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Posts: 6,303
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie View Post
Hi USFlyer

the flights are 5 and 9 December. JFK-LAX is 10pm and LAX-JFK Is 10:50pm

thanks
AFAIK those flight times do not have full meal services.
Antarius likes this.
JJeffrey is offline  
Old Nov 19, 19, 12:09 pm
  #7  
dll
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EX PLT; Marriott Plt; *wood Plt
Posts: 2,235
Both flights are marked Snack or Brunch which is probably why pre-order is not available to you. They'll both offer meals, although abbreviated from the "full service" transcon Flagship product. I believe AA's expectation is most customers will choose to pre-dine in the lounge prior to these late evening flights. Haven't taken one of these in a year or so but my last experience was that it's a single tray service with a more streamlined menu.
FlyingWelshie likes this.
dll is offline  
Old Nov 19, 19, 12:33 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,397
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie View Post
JFK-LAX is 10pm and LAX-JFK Is 10:50pm
That's why. Neither of those flights get full meals.
USFlyerUS is offline  
Old Nov 19, 19, 12:52 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Posts: 9,985
After all these years, we are still seeing that phantom "Snack or Brunch" meal designation. It has been a known bug in SABRE for 30+ years and nobody seems to be motivated to fix it.

Back to the topic at hand, there is no pre-flight meal choice on the red-eye transcon flights. But you will receive a light meal service.
formeraa is offline  
Old Nov 19, 19, 8:32 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NYC, USA
Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, SPG Gold, MR Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 10,444
Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
After all these years, we are still seeing that phantom "Snack or Brunch" meal designation. It has been a known bug in SABRE for 30+ years and nobody seems to be motivated to fix it.

Back to the topic at hand, there is no pre-flight meal choice on the red-eye transcon flights. But you will receive a light meal service.

Exactly. Just eat in the lounge before departure and sleep on board. Not worth staying awake for a snack service.
ESpen36 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 10:03 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,397
Originally Posted by formeraa View Post
After all these years, we are still seeing that phantom "Snack or Brunch" meal designation. It has been a known bug in SABRE for 30+ years and nobody seems to be motivated to fix it.
How is this a bug? It seems to be a correct description. A snack is served on this flight.
USFlyerUS is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 10:24 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: DE
Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, Hilton, Avis, Hertz
Posts: 53
Preorder Available Previously

Thatís not correct. I have made pre-order selections for transcon red-eyes, for the late night snack, as recently as July. Not seeing it now for my flight tomorrow night.
hunterjumperguy is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 2:55 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 6,247
Originally Posted by hunterjumperguy View Post
Thatís not correct. I have made pre-order selections for transcon red-eyes, for the late night snack, as recently as July. Not seeing it now for my flight tomorrow night.
thatís what I was about to say.....definitely was able to preorder for the premium transcon red eyes before.....specifically that meatloaf dish.
hunterjumperguy likes this.
AANYC1981 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread