FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Schedule Change: Your flight has changed. Please check back soon to see what changed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1995990-schedule-change-your-flight-has-changed-please-check-back-soon-see-what-changed.html)

danielflyer Nov 18, 2019 11:45 am

Schedule Change: Your flight has changed. Please check back soon to see what changed

I am flying on AA 83 from LAX to AKL this February and see this error in the app: “Schedule Change: Your flight has changed. Please check back soon to see what changed.”

Since this is a new route I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just a minor schedule change, but how could AA know that there is a schedule change but not be able to tell me? Why show this error in the first place?

Any experience with this message and what usually ends up happening?

Mwenenzi Nov 18, 2019 11:47 am

What does the AA schedule now show vs on your ticket?

danielflyer Nov 18, 2019 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi (Post 31750543)
What does the AA schedule now show vs on your ticket?

AA shows no changes. FR24 shows a 5-minute departure change. So that’s it I hope.

cmtlatitudes Nov 18, 2019 12:51 pm

I got this exact email a few months ago regarding a LAX-MEL flight on Qantas. It took 3-4 days for a ticket reissue to show up, with a 10 minute change in departure time. Nothing different was showing up on the Qantas website. Those 3-4 days were nerve wracking. The email also didn't state what the actual change was -- I had to look for it myself comparing the original and revised ticket re-issue.

I'd like to understand better how this works also --- (how AA knows a change will be made, but not what the change is. Or why they won't tell a passenger at the time of the "heads up" email if they do know.)

fotographer Nov 18, 2019 2:34 pm

I often get emails/alerts on flight changes.. have to go back to check what the changes are..
usually a short time change, that does not result in any issues with my connecting flight.

Mwenenzi Nov 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes (Post 31750834)
..I'd like to understand better how this works also --- (how AA knows a change will be made, but not what the change is. Or why they won't tell a passenger at the time of the "heads up" email if they do know.)

You are over thinking this is you consider AA "won't tell a passenger"or "not what the change is".
The system picks up a change an emails everyone a very basic email. If they put more details would be harder to program and will get errors, if it changes again. For some people, say 5 minutes, that could be the difference between meeting MCT or not meeting MCT.
The flight changes: look at your bookings and compare to the original deatils

econ Nov 18, 2019 11:52 pm

I've seen this verbiage before also for a few bookings. Usually in the interim between a schedule change and a ticket re-issue. But I also think it's awkwardly worded.

355F1 Nov 19, 2019 8:34 am

I’ve gotten this a couple times this year including yesterday for a trip to Vietnam next January. :)

thunderdeacon Nov 19, 2019 8:50 am

I got this message for a trip to tuxtla Gutierrez in March. However, I got the message starting about a month ago, and I still have not seen where it has changed.