Wiki Posts
Search

Larger aircraft in Charlotte ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by DMPHL
And even PHL's domestic widebody service, at least the volume of it, is as much a function of the number of widebodies that flow through PHL for TATL service—and whose utilization can be maximized through rotations on domestic routes—as it is the ability of AA to maybe fill those planes. If PHL didn't have a lot of widebody TATL service already, AA wouldn't be assigning 332s, 767s, 787s on daily or even multiple daily rotations to ORD, DFW, SFO, LAX, MIA, etc.
Pre merger AA did lot's of wide body service between trunk routes as a means for a/c rotation, utilize a/c that would be sitting around all day and I would assume the ability to sell more connecting tickets. The 772 has been around for years on MIA/DFW and often on JFK/MIA (with that route historically seeing lots of 763s). Although for the interim MIA/LAX is all A321 that route has also historically been a mix of 772 and 773 with 763s from time to time. ORD/MIA has seen lots of 763s. After the merger AA began wide body service between trunk routes to PHL and CLT, particularly out of MIA.

LAA MIA/CLT was an E145. Post merger it's been a mix of 763s, 738s, 321s, 319s (usually the last flight out of MIA) and on occasion 320s. Talk about an upgauge.
Fraser likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by la2clt
Actually they use the gates at the end of B as well, especially in the summer with all the seasonal flights to Europe.
The gates may be capable of handling the planes, but D is the only area set up to funnel into international arrivals, I believe?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:58 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Correct, except of course widebody flights coming from an international city with pre clearance can use a gate in B/C that fit them.
sdsearch likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.