FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   2021 Elite Qualifying Requirements Announcement? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1994655-2021-elite-qualifying-requirements-announcement.html)

tallasadoor Nov 8, 2019 12:27 pm

2021 Elite Qualifying Requirements Announcement?

AA taking a bit longer to update 2021 elite qualifying requirements... Any idea when they might announce, or any signs or guess of what they might do?

enpremiere Nov 8, 2019 1:13 pm

They're busy photo-shopping out the Delta logo and adding the AA logo on the requirements sheet.

xliioper Nov 8, 2019 1:19 pm

In the past, they have not done any announcements if there are no changes -- the same with UA and DL. If nothing comes out in next week or so, it's probably safe to assume there will be no changes to program requirements.

If DL was going to make any changes to qualification requirements, they would have likely announced them back in September when they announced changes with the Amex affinity cards (only DL Plat and Reserve Amex cards will qualify for MQD waiver for Silver/Gold/Plat status with $25K spend in 2020, while DL Amex Gold cardholders no longer get the MQD Waiver benefit).

chicagoflyer1976 Nov 8, 2019 1:41 pm

I doubt there will be any changes. They had a rough summer, lots of negative press, etc. At one point they were offering some people additional EQDs and EQMs. I think from a PR standpoint they know to leave well enough alone.

fotographer Nov 8, 2019 1:46 pm

sure there are lots of changes:
1. SWU will be harder to clear at booking
2. EXP will be bunched in with group 3 boarding
3.All other levels to qualify will increase by 25% of the current requirements
4. AA will follow DL and UA, but go a few steps further.

( OK, its Friday, and its been a long week)

Antarius Nov 8, 2019 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976 (Post 31716498)
I doubt there will be any changes. They had a rough summer, lots of negative press, etc. At one point they were offering some people additional EQDs and EQMs. I think from a PR standpoint they know to leave well enough alone.

I'm yet to be convinced that they are capable of this level of understanding.

AA still does the pushy credit card thing on flights delayed by hours and hours due to MX.

GunsOfNavarone Nov 8, 2019 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 31716767)

AA still does the pushy credit card thing on flights delayed by hours and hours due to MX.

Maybe a little change. My six hour delay from SDF to DFW today had no credit card pitch, and AA dispatched a 737 to replace a CR7 (that remain INOP at SDF).

Zacnlinc Nov 8, 2019 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by fotographer (Post 31716507)

sure there are lots of changes:

2. EXP will be bunched in with group 3 boarding

( OK, its Friday, and its been a long week)

Care to explain on this one? Anyone?

Thanks ...

cova Nov 8, 2019 6:34 pm

Many times when Group 2 is called (only EXP's) then group 3 is immediately called, without enough time for EXPs to board without being rushed by Group 3. So in practice Group 2 really boards with Group 3.

On flights with an F cabin, EXPs are already Group 3. Group 1 for F, Group 2 for J, Group 3 for EXP, then Group 4 for PP, Plat.

gateH15 Nov 8, 2019 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by cova (Post 31717224)
Many times when Group 2 is called (only EXP's) then group 3 is immediately called, without enough time for EXPs to board without being rushed by Group 3. So in practice Group 2 really boards with Group 3.

On flights with an F cabin, EXPs are already Group 3. Group 1 for F, Group 2 for J, Group 3 for EXP, then Group 4 for PP, Plat.

J and EXP is group 2 on flights with an F cabin

beachfan Nov 8, 2019 11:17 pm

But CKs go before group 1. Group 2 is the third group called.

CatchFlightsNotFeelings Nov 9, 2019 4:07 am

Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976 (Post 31716498)

How generous of you -- assuming AA knows how to manage PR. That seems to be one of their biggest weaknesses!

FlyerTalker688786 Nov 9, 2019 4:21 am

I don't see major changes ahead. Except the upgrade process and requirement. AA may decide to align with UA's recent changes.

LondonElite Nov 9, 2019 4:26 am

Originally Posted by enpremiere (Post 31716385)
They're busy photo-shopping out the Delta logo and adding the AA logo on the requirements sheet.

I was going to write something similar but thought of UA instead.

footballfanatic Nov 9, 2019 5:34 am

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 31716767)

you ant even use the benefits of the silver card on most flights, because the flights are too short to carry anything for purchase now! Even BA under Alex Cruz and WW have M&S. Total scam.