Wiki Posts
Search

Fix for Pixel phone on E175 Gogo Wifi

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Fix for Pixel phone on E175 Gogo Wifi

This may or may not be AA specific - I haven't been on another gogo equipped flight on another carrier in a long time. I know most planes are using Viasat or Panasonic now, have not had issues on either of them.

Last month, I noticed that my Pixel 3 XL would not connect to wifi on the E175. It would show connecting, then stop, then not see the network at all, and so on. At the time I could not figure out why.

Thanks to the help of Google, I've now found the fix for this, sharing it in case it helps anyone else.
1) Under network details, go to privacy, and disable use randomized MAC. Set it to use device MAC instead.
2) Under network and internet, go to Private DNS and set this to OFF.

Once I did this, it connected instantly and I was able to use my free Tmobile Wifi.
GunsOfNavarone and ShortDog like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.