Wiki Posts
Search

New Promotion on 2X miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
New Promotion on 2X miles

Just got an email from AA. (similar to what my wife got a few months ago)

Fly 8 qualifying flights (not sure if that means segments, like my wife got)
in PE, Business/First

flights completed by Feb 14th 2020

Problem is that I already booked flights up to Jan end that are on other OW airlines (better qualify dollar spend)

Oh well, will sign up, but not sure if I will even come close
Old Nov 12, 2019, 2:58 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
I had a similar one where I had to complete 6 qualifying flights (PE/Biz/First) by end of November. I am going to fly my 6th qualifying flight next week, so ostensibly will be getting 2x miles on all 6 qualifying flights.

Has anyone completed this promo? How long does it take for the bonus miles to post?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
EQ miles or just bonus miles?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 3:37 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Uzzar
EQ miles or just bonus miles?
bonus miles
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:19 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by hp12c
I had a similar one where I had to complete 6 qualifying flights (PE/Biz/First) by end of November. I am going to fly my 6th qualifying flight next week, so ostensibly will be getting 2x miles on all 6 qualifying flights.

Has anyone completed this promo? How long does it take for the bonus miles to post?
In case anyone else was wondering, all the bonus RDMs post immediately - only a couple hours after your last qualifying flight. Not too bad!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
this is the promotion offered to me:

How to get double award miles:

• Register by November 26, 2019, and before you travel
  • Earn 5,100 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) on qualifying flights in Premium Economy, Business or First
  • After earning the required EQDs, you’ll earn double award miles on those flights and any other eligible flight through February 14, 2020
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by vudoosj
this is the promotion offered to me:

How to get double award miles:

• Register by November 26, 2019, and before you travel
  • Earn 5,100 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) on qualifying flights in Premium Economy, Business or First
  • After earning the required EQDs, you’ll earn double award miles on those flights and any other eligible flight through February 14, 2020
interesting, my offer had nothing about spend...
wonder if AA is really doing a targeted promotion... based on the passenger info?
(wish I had that offer.. got a couple trips in J and F overseas already booked for Nov/DEC)
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
some fine print
  • Offer only applies to eligible flights that are both marketed by American and operated by American, American Eagle®, British Airways, Iberia, Finnair or Japan Airlines
  • Flights marketed and/or operated by other codeshare partners aren’t eligible for this promotion
  • Bonus miles don’t count toward elite-status qualification or AAdvantage® Million Miler℠ status
  • Offer applies to eligible purchased, published fares in First booked in F or A; Business booked in J, R, D or I; or Premium Economy booked in W or P on eligible flights flown between the date you register and February 14, 2020
  • Spend requirement is calculated as Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) based on ticket price (includes base fare plus carrier-imposed fees, but excludes government-imposed taxes and fees) on eligible flights
  • Double miles will be calculated at 100% of the base award miles earned for the eligible flights
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
“Double Miles for 3000 EQD in PE, Business or First between August 21 and November 29.”

My trip in PE today, LHR to ORD should cap it off.

I’ve flown a lot in this time period, so I will be interested to see what I end up with as reward miles!!

(This same flight will also push me over 150k EQM for the first time ever!)
fotographer likes this.

Last edited by Beachfun71; Nov 22, 2019 at 5:35 am
Old Nov 23, 2019, 6:38 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by fotographer
interesting, my offer had nothing about spend...
wonder if AA is really doing a targeted promotion... based on the passenger info?
(wish I had that offer.. got a couple trips in J and F overseas already booked for Nov/DEC)
These do seem to be pretty targeted as so far everyone has different hurdles for the qualification - segments vs. EQDs, various EQD levels, various dates, etc. Or maybe they're not targeted, but they're testing various versions of the offer to see which one drives the greatest incremental ROI to AA.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:36 pm

I got a similar promotion (8 qualified flights) but I'm going to miss by 1 because one of my AA code shared flight was operated by CX. Am I SOL or can the EXP desk do something about it?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:38 pm
Hyatt 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by bszeto
I got a similar promotion (8 qualified flights) but I'm going to miss by 1 because one of my AA code shared flight was operated by CX. Am I SOL or can the EXP desk do something about it?
It’s worth a shot to give a call. If they can’t do anything, it’ll probably be worth it to upfare a domestic segment if you’re going to take one prior to the expiration of your promo.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by bszeto
Just to add, I would've qualified if they extend my offer by 1 week as I have 2 segments coming
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by hp12c
It’s worth a shot to give a call. If they can’t do anything, it’ll probably be worth it to upfare a domestic segment if you’re going to take one prior to the expiration of your promo.
Yes I'm going to call regardless, hope they can do something about it
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
This promotion isn't likely to knock anybody's socks off.

If you have the 5100 EQD qualifying (mine was 6000 for a Sept-Nov period) it means you'll get an extra 25,500 RDM for 5100 EQD. If you're already EXP then you already got 56,100 RDM. I mean, it's nothing to sneeze at if you were already going to come close to the target, or hit it anyway, but it's not to die for. I think they had one a couple years ago where the threshold was 900 EQD and the bonus was 5 upgrade stickers or 7500 RDM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.