AA Award Search Error-What's Going on?

Old Oct 27, 19, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvatage
AA Award Search Error-What's Going on?

Hello everyone!

For the past few days, I have been trying to look for award travel to Hawaii this summer using the legacy award search tool. I am looking at flights from GSP-HNL May 12th - June 14th (RT). I have been looking for a few months now.

This past week, something weird happened. The system got really slow and, most of the time, the searches won't even complete. I get an error that says "Something went wrong: This trip can't be booked online" when I try to search for availability (attached is a photo of the error). When the searches do complete, availability for every class is scarcer than I have ever seen before. I have also tried searching from Charlotte and the same error happens. What on earth is happening?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 27, 19, 3:22 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Errors aside, that's pretty high-demand season so availability will be sparse.
Old Oct 27, 19, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
edit: ignore what i originally posted, sounds like it's an issue with their system reading GSP, I've been searching LAX-HNL with no issues, but searching GSP-HNL did seem very slow, took a while to load and I thought it was going to time out.
Old Oct 27, 19, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvatage
Originally Posted by enpremiere View Post
Errors aside, that's pretty high-demand season so availability will be sparse.
Granted, but there was a ton more availability prior to this happening. Now I am seeing like two days in the whole month that have availability at all award levels.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: