Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Figuring out EQDs / EQMs on flights already booked?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

This has doubtless been covered here, but the search function is returning nothing for me.

How do I figure out how many EQDs and EQMs I will earn on travel that has already been booked? I missed it on one in the booking process, and now I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by argolfer
This has doubtless been covered here, but the search function is returning nothing for me.

How do I figure out how many EQDs and EQMs I will earn on travel that has already been booked? I missed it on one in the booking process, and now I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Call Advantage customer service or DM on Twitter
Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EP
Use the tables on aa.com And do the math.

Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
For EQM go to Great Circle Mapper .. click the distance button, make sure it says "statute miles", set the minimum to 500 miles (anything under 500 is counted as 500), put your itinerary in the big "paths" box using -'s to separate segments, such as LAX-DFW-IAD-DFW-LAX. The cumulative amount under distance will be your EQM's.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:45 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
This is definitely one of the many things I miss after switching to OW from Delta.

I always take screenshots of my earnings and keep them in my notes in my phone.
argolfer likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
just wondering , could you just do another dummy booking on AA and go from there,
assuming that the fare is about the same?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fotographer
just wondering , could you just do another dummy booking on AA and go from there,
assuming that the fare is about the same?
I tried that, and it wouldn’t let me get that far on account of duplicate booking. Maybe I can use my wife’s AAdvantage login to accomplish the same thing.

I tried DMing them on Twitter — they said they couldn’t tell me until after I fly. 🙄

It probably won’t matter. Best I can tell, I will make it easily on the spend side; I am about $100 short and have at least one more trip to book. I will need four more segments, so I will just be sure to not take any directs and I should be fine.

I setup this challenge and immediately became ill. It’s been a rough month, but I should easily make this challenge.

Last edited by argolfer; Oct 25, 2019 at 5:32 am
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: US Gold
"Do the math" is actually not massively helpful for a lot of us. It is *impossible* to say with any precision when you're buying a ticket in a non-US currency what the final calculation will be on EQDs. I think AA is being quite unnecessarily user-hostile about this; there is *no* reason why you shouldn't be able to get that information routinely and clearly stated in every itinerary.

wg
Old Oct 25, 2019, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wendyg
I think AA is being quite unnecessarily user-hostile about this; there is *no* reason why you shouldn't be able to get that information routinely and clearly stated in every itinerary.
Agree. Whether hostile or just lazy, it’s a tremendous oversight. Even WN gives me my estimated earnings in the confirmation email (though they’re terrible at IT — so you can’t find it on the website or in the app).

Every airline has things they’re good and bad at. A lot of folks hate on AA’s technology, but the app is beautiful, usually works well,and the only major carrier with a better one is DL.

But this particular thing is obnoxious.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: CK or bust
If you want to be lazy, there is an unofficial AA calculator that takes into account status and other bits for RDM calculation as well:

https://cwsi.net/calc/aa/
argolfer likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I tried that, and it wouldn’t let me get that far on account of duplicate booking. Maybe I can use my wife’s AAdvantage login to accomplish the same thing.

I tried DMing them on Twitter — they said they couldn’t tell me until after I fly. 🙄

It probably won’t matter. Best I can tell, I will make it easily on the spend side; I am about $100 short and have at least one more trip to book. I will need four more segments, so I will just be sure to not take any directs and I should be fine.

I setup this challenge and immediately became ill. It’s been a rough month, but I should easily make this challenge.
Glad you feeling better now to continue the challenge..
you can also try AA without logging in....
just out of interest, what challenger are you going after.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
For EQDs, just check the pre-tax $s on your receipt. I've never had that differ once the entire itinerary posts.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fotographer
Glad you feeling better now to continue the challenge..
you can also try AA without logging in....
just out of interest, what challenger are you going after.
Thanks for the well wishes!
Seeking Platinum. It's a ridiculously easy challenge, to be honest. And after getting a longterm illness, I'm thankful.

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
For EQDs, just check the pre-tax $s on your receipt. I've never had that differ once the entire itinerary posts.
Good point. I did a rough calculation on that and I now know that I'm going to be fine. In the past, not getting credit for seat upgrades threw me off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.