Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Changed a flight > refund due > no electronic voucher?

Old Oct 24, 19, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

About a month ago I changed an existing reservation and after the change fees, I was due ~$600.
I received an email confirming the change and the refund, but haven't received an actual voucher.

I called EXP line - they aren't really helpful there, they said that the voucher was supposed to be in my email (it's not, not even in spam/deleted) and guided me to send a CR complaint.
I need to book flights today and really would like to use the voucher to cover those.

Is it common? anything I can do to expedite?
Old Oct 24, 19, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Voucher would be a paper voucher sent in the U.S. Mail. I don't believe AA issues e-vouchers when there is residual after a ticket change, unless something has changed in the last few months.

And, to confirm, you're looking for a voucher? Or a refund? If a refund (e.g., if the original ticket was fully refundable), the refund would go back to the original form of payment.
Old Oct 24, 19, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS View Post
Voucher would be a paper voucher sent in the U.S. Mail. I don't believe AA issues e-vouchers when there is residual after a ticket change, unless something has changed in the last few months.

And, to confirm, you're looking for a voucher? Or a refund? If a refund (e.g., if the original ticket was fully refundable), the refund would go back to the original form of payment.
I changed a flight well after the 24 hours cancellation window to a flight that valued in ~1000 less than my original flight. The fare penalty was $500, so I got an email saying:

Your trip receipt

Refund, Voucher

DOCUMENT NUMBER 0010...
FARE-USD$ 505.60

AA agent confirmed over the phone, that I'm supposed to get another email with the actual e-voucher... and I haven't
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Oct 24, 19, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Again, I've never heard of AA issuing e-vouchers in this situation, unless something has recently changed. I've always gotten vouchers in the U.S. Mail. (There are other threads on this topic.)
MathMusic likes this.
Old Oct 24, 19, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Again, I've never heard of AA issuing e-vouchers in this situation, unless something has recently changed. I've always gotten vouchers in the U.S. Mail. (There are other threads on this topic.)
Wow, aren't we back to 1990...
I'll call in again just to confirm if it's e-voucher or paper one.

Thanks
Old Oct 25, 19, 4:50 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
be prepared for the paper one...
Old Oct 25, 19, 5:31 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
I've gotten e-vouchers several times recently in this situation. Usually takes a few days to show up.
Old Oct 25, 19, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan View Post
I've gotten e-vouchers several times recently in this situation. Usually takes a few days to show up.
Interesting. Maybe AA finally implemented this?!
Old Oct 25, 19, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Originally Posted by justsawaufo View Post
Wow, aren't we back to 1990...
I'll call in again just to confirm if it's e-voucher or paper one.

Thanks
I know it’s ancient. The problem is AA’s Commodore 64 platform isn’t programmed to do this.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Oct 25, 19, 11:24 am
Original Poster

FYI - CR provided with me American Airlines eVoucher.
Old Dec 19, 20, 2:54 pm

Help!

Hello! I literally have the exact same thing happening to me right now! How did you get this resolved???
Old Dec 19, 20, 3:02 pm

Please let me know how you got this resolved. I have submitted the claim, but worried that it'll go no where.
Old Dec 19, 20, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by shack02 View Post
Please let me know how you got this resolved. I have submitted the claim, but worried that it'll go no where.
Can you tell us what happened?
Did you cancel a flight recently and book another?
Normally, if you canceled a flight, there should be a flight credit visible in your account info.
If you then use that credit for a flight costing less, you get an evoucher in email a short time later from [email protected], Subject: Your Follow-Up from American Airlines
Old Dec 20, 20, 9:32 am

I’m in a similar situation: I made a change to an existing ticket that resulted in a pretty substantial credit. I was told I’d receive a voucher. That was two weeks ago and I’ve had no sign of any voucher, either electronic or paper. When I called to ask, I was told to allow at least two weeks. Still nothing.
Old Dec 20, 20, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP; A3 Gold; Marriott LTT Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Same here missing 3 eVouchers for residual value of three different tickets. In the past it would arrive the next day or under 72 hours. What is going on with AA process?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: