Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Problem Checking In On-Line for Flight Today

Old Oct 7, 19, 11:53 am
Original Poster

I depart Hawaii this afternoon on an American Airlines code share flight, operated by Hawaiian Airlines. I just tried to check in, both at the AA site, and the HA site. The AA site says it can't check me in; that I have to check in with the airline that operates my first flight. HA doesn't recognize my AA confirmation number or ticket number and I can't check in online on HA. Also, when AA issued my ticket, a seat assignment was not generated for HA. I assumed it would generated on the boarding pass (which I can't get), as it was on the outbound legs. (I received HA seat assignments and boarding passes for all of the segments on the outbound, with one of them also operated by HA, when I checked-in on AA.)

Is this normal? Am I am going to have anything to worry about when I get to the airport? (KOA)

I keep getting tripped up on keeping the codeshare stuff straight. What is the same and what isn't the same. It didn't occur to me I would not be able to check-in on-line for an AA code share flight.
Old Oct 7, 19, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
You can call AA and ask for the HA confirmation number which should then allow you to check in online.
Old Oct 7, 19, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
In addition to the above, online check-in often doesn't work when you have an itinerary with mixed carriers like this, etc. Nothing to worry about.

Can't check in online (OLCI) for int'l., mixed carrier etc. itinerary (merged)
JDiver likes this.
Old Oct 7, 19, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Everyone!
Old Oct 7, 19, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes View Post
Is this normal? Am I am going to have anything to worry about when I get to the airport? (KOA)
This happens to me 100% of the time where I book a partner airline operated flight on an AA itinerary/ticket/flight number. Just check-in at the airport. Nothing to worry about.
Madison Guy likes this.
Old Oct 7, 19, 2:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes View Post
Thanks Everyone!
The easy way to get your HA PNR might be to DM @AmericanAir on Twitter.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: