Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

130K AA miles enough for business class award to / from Hawaii?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

130K AA miles enough for business class award to / from Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: UA, AS
I am not that familiar with AA. Is there a possibility to buy coach tickets and use miles to upgrade so that OP's 130k miles would be enough for upgrades for 2 to Hawaii and also for the return or is AA just so tightfisted on releasing upgrade space that this is impossible?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by skimthetrees
I am not that familiar with AA. Is there a possibility to buy coach tickets and use miles to upgrade so that OP's 130k miles would be enough for upgrades for 2 to Hawaii and also for the return or is AA just so tightfisted on releasing upgrade space that this is impossible?
Yes, you can of course buy economy and upgrade with miles. Finding upgrade space can be easy or hard, depending on the flight and season, etc., but its certainly not impossible.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...with-miles.jsp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.