Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SimplyMiles and earning AAdvantage miles - Scam? Good? Bad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SimplyMiles and earning AAdvantage miles - Scam? Good? Bad?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The most fair solution is to cap everyone's bonus miles at 100k and re-open the promotion to all...

The concept is you don't want a few people abusing the promo, and they should have done this in the first place.

Alternatively, they can honor the promotion, then shutdown the whales' AA accounts for abusing the promo, get the miles back, and re-open the promotion...
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:45 pm

VFTW Update

Good news. It took a little bit of time, but American Airlines shared with me that the deal will be fully honored for transactions made through the point at which they took down the offer.
We are pleased to credit AAdvantage accounts with miles for those customers who activated the SimplyMiles 5X promotion and made purchases and donations by 10 a.m. CT on Tuesday, December 14, 2021. We are excited that members are able to use the SimplyMiles platform to earn AAdvantage miles on every day purchases.
jmail1, MrJBoy, 36902BRF and 6 others like this.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by gbongc
#Winning
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: Free agent
They had $159mm in revenue in FY2020, will be interesting to see how they do on December 12-14 alone.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:30 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Great job AAL and Mastercard for honoring the deal. Really good holiday gift - not just to ourselves, but also Conservation International who were likely delighted to receive a surge donations!

I capped myself at a few hundred dollars for this promo. Since I knew I wouldn't stomach losing more if this didn't go through and there would at least be a tax write-off. Though this is a good lesson to everyone who thinks to "go big" in these deals or potentially next time: don't throw cash into something you're not willing to lose. Investing 101.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:48 pm

Programs: Frontier 100k; AA ExPlat; LATAM Black; *A Gold ; SkyTeam Elite+
Originally Posted by Server
...Though this is a good lesson to everyone who thinks to "go big" in these deals or potentially next time: don't throw cash into something you're not willing to lose. Investing 101.

Lesson learned: GO BIG!

kidding, please buy miles responsibly
Old Dec 17, 2021, 3:50 pm

Woot I was sweating since 15k out of my 20k donation was made the day before the deal was pulled. Can't wait for 4.8 MM miles!
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Regardless of how much we put in, we are all going to have a bit of FOMO. At least I can say that I am happy I almost exactly doubled my mile balance.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA PPro
I'll still be refreshing my app every 30 minutes until they hit before I celebrate, but WOW!
Old Dec 17, 2021, 5:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
It's been almost a decade since I took advantage of the RGN-USA mistake fare. This kind of opportunity doesn't come around often. So glad I was able to participate.
I'm in it for $4k. Hello Q-Suites! So excited.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:01 pm
brg

I realized that I had the old US AA MC now AA MC from Barclays - Silver. My family had only he AU cards from my account - They do not show the conservation offer, even after 4 days while I had mine showing at 24 hrs
I think the best offers may be were shown only to those with a AA MC but we need more data points from others without AA cards that got in on the offer
Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aero137
Regardless of how much we put in, we are all going to have a bit of FOMO. At least I can say that I am happy I almost exactly doubled my mile balance.
+75% on CI and another ~16k on BBY and CVS. None of it is posting anywhere yet. I am getting more tempted to get the Aviator card for another bump and a revenue shot to AA.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
My miles aren't showing up in my simplymiles account yet and haven't posted to my AA account.. Do we think there is any shot that the miles post in the new year and count as loyalty points?
Old Dec 20, 2021, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by ron187
My miles aren't showing up in my simplymiles account yet and haven't posted to my AA account.. Do we think there is any shot that the miles post in the new year and count as loyalty points?
It wouldn't surprise me if they don't show up until January, but from my (admittedly extremely limited) experiences with SimplyMiles, they'll be backdated to the dates the purchases/donations/etc. were actually made in December.

That said, I'm hoping AA's IT messes up and ends up awarding these as LP on March 1st. But I sincerely doubt it will happen, lol.
_kurt likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I was forgetting that the qualifying period changed to March.. ah well, one can dream

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.