Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Adds Daily BOS-LHR, more MIA-GRU, LIM, SCL; earlier seasonal Europe (2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jspira
American will introduce an evening non-stop to LHR next March with an early morning return flight. (It is also increasing the frequency of service from MIA to Lima, Santiago, and São Paulo.

Source: American Airlines to Add Boston-London Service, Increase Frequencies on 3 South American Flights
Print Wikipost

AA Adds Daily BOS-LHR, more MIA-GRU, LIM, SCL; earlier seasonal Europe (2020)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Antarius
Where are the aircraft coming from?
Originally Posted by beachfan
My first question as well.
Maybe 788s and 789s coming on line? I’m not sure of delivery dates, but they have 20 788s and 25 789s due.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by JDiver
Maybe 788s and 789s coming on line? I’m not sure of delivery dates, but they have 20 788s and 25 789s due.
Can't those 752 dino birds easily make this journey?
JDiver likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.9MM and counting, HHDiamond, SPG Plat
Too damn late from my perspective, but welcome, none-the-less. The "old" days had a morning and an evening flight, and a seasonal to CDG. By having to back track to PHL, CLT, or ORD for entry into London/Europe on AA has cost them, my 6/yr Trans-Atlantic UK flights. BA has been treating me nicely - what's AA going to offer me to come back?...especially in light of the devaluing of awards miles and SWU's, when I can still get EQM and EQD from BA? Think Mr. Parker and the rest of his bean pushers are seeing that loyalties are changing? status ain't worth the hassle, at least to me... any more. Over 3.7MM butt-in-seat on AA and 10+ year EXP, and I've gone/going elsewhere. Tired of all the minutia that goes their AAway instead of mine... over the last 2-3 years.
teemuflyer and Gringa like this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:23 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
The 772 that visited Boston from Dallas recently was probably to test whether one of the AA gates can handle a 772. So this was probably planned since before the LATAM deal, and the announcement timing reactionary.
zld likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Another 757 to LIM. How ... exciting.
krzysz and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by discoverCSG
Where are the LHR slots coming from?
The answer could lie in the slots purchased from SAS in 2017.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...row-expansion/

From the article: Note that under the terms of the purchase agreement, SAS is allowed to use both slot pairs for up to three years, so it may be a while before travellers see any increase in American Airlines routes or frequencies at Heathrow.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 1, 2019 at 10:20 am Reason: Wrong quote! Repaired.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
Is it possible this was already in the works before the DL announcement? I would imagine that a big, lumbering bureaucracy like a major global airline would need more than one week to put new international routes into place, no? (Serious question - I actually have no idea, but it takes longer than that for my freaking company to order coffee.)
There is more official info here Newsroom - American Airlines Solidifies Leadership Position in Miami and Adds New Nonstop Boston to London Service - American Airlines Group, Inc.

and perhaps this part may give us a hint:

All new routes are subject to government approval. Flights will be available for purchase Oct. 7, with the exception of GRU and SCL, which will be available for purchase in December.
They are opening additional routes to GRU and SCL in winter 2020, but they will start selling tickets only in December? What kind of planning is that?

I wonder what LATAM's response will be. LA has already decided to replace A319 with B767 on the LIM-MCO route in the fall and starting from tomorrow, LIM-MAD will be served with 789 instead of B767.
JDiver and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by krzysz

They are opening additional routes to GRU and SCL in winter 2020, but they will start selling tickets only in December? What kind of planning is that?.
What are you talking about? The flights will start in November 2020. Airlines only sell tickets 11 months (331 days) in advance. When else should they go on sale?

If you are insinuating, however, that AA slapped this together last minute following the LATAM break-up then, yeah, totally. That's what happened.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by gajs
Too damn late from my perspective, but welcome, none-the-less. The "old" days had a morning and an evening flight, and a seasonal to CDG. By having to back track to PHL, CLT, or ORD for entry into London/Europe on AA has cost them, my 6/yr Trans-Atlantic UK flights. BA has been treating me nicely - what's AA going to offer me to come back?...especially in light of the devaluing of awards miles and SWU's, when I can still get EQM and EQD from BA? Think Mr. Parker and the rest of his bean pushers are seeing that loyalties are changing? status ain't worth the hassle, at least to me... any more. Over 3.7MM butt-in-seat on AA and 10+ year EXP, and I've gone/going elsewhere. Tired of all the minutia that goes their AAway instead of mine... over the last 2-3 years.
Is BOS part of the transatlantic JV?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by razzaba
Is BOS part of the transatlantic JV?
Yes
Old Sep 30, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Yes
Ok, then I’m not sure that AA/Dougie care with regards to the previous BOS poster (Gajs) moving business from AA to BA.

Not that I don’t understand the frustration, but from a business perspective, I don’t think it matters given the JV.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by JDiver
Also, I believe ORD-NRT is going to be cut early next year. I just wish they would add LAX-SCL when LATAM exits OneWorld.
JDiver likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Since AA consolidated operation at BOS at LUS side of Terminal B, I heard it is possible that AA does not have wide body capable gates at BOS. Guess that is not true if BOS-LHR will be operated by 772, not 757 or A321LR.
About two years ago I flew a 330 from PHL to BOS (!). I'm pretty sure it parked on the LUS side (pre-consolidation), so I think there is capability on that side for a widebody.
will2288 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by enviroian
Can't those 752 dino birds easily make this journey?
I loved flying the AA 75Ls between BOS and LHR a few years ago in J. Great cabin, great crews.

In fact, for many years I found that the BOS-based transatlantic cabin crew were the best in the AA network. I don't know why, but hopefully they will be back…
Old Oct 1, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
The press release also mentions a slightly extended summer season for jfk fco, dfw dub, and ord bcn, as well as level operating bos ory as part of the joint venture. Alas, no Vasu Raju video this time.
JDiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.