Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Purchasing >150k AA miles - glitch or new rules?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat

I have bought exactly 150k miles a couple of months ago.
Now AA.com still allows me to buy 150k miles on the current promo of a 35% discount.

Glitch or is it related to new AA rules to allow the limit to be (temporarily or longer...) suspended...?
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
I have bought exactly 150k miles a couple of months ago.
Now AA.com still allows me to buy 150k miles on the current promo of a 35% discount.

Glitch or is it related to new AA rules to allow the limit to be (temporarily or longer...) suspended...?
I didn't know they changed (even if temporarily) the 150k (not counting bonus) annual limit. Is there an announcement?

We probably wouldn't need it, but it would be good to know.

Thanks.

GC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.