Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Multiple tickets on the same booking? (All same destination, but differnet origins)

Multiple tickets on the same booking? (All same destination, but differnet origins)

Old Sep 17, 19, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

I want to book a few tickets for a few friends and I to go to the same city. I have the Barclays Aviator card (just got it, brand new to airline credit cards) and want to utilize the benefit of getting a free checked bag and upgraded boarding for myself plus 4 people. I understand that all 5 tickets must be on the same booking confirmation for everyone to benefit. The issue is that I would potentially fly from a different city from the other 4 guys.

Is it possible to book 5 tickets under the same booking in this fashion? By phone for example?
Ticket 1: City A to City B
Tickets 2-5: City C to City B

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 17, 19, 11:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
NO. Everyone on a PNR must be flying the exactly same itinerary, in the same class, etc.
Antarius likes this.
Old Sep 18, 19, 12:41 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
Originally Posted by Tokar View Post
I want to book a few tickets for a few friends and I to go to the same city. I have the Barclays Aviator card (just got it, brand new to airline credit cards) and want to utilize the benefit of getting a free checked bag and upgraded boarding for myself plus 4 people. I understand that all 5 tickets must be on the same booking confirmation for everyone to benefit. The issue is that I would potentially fly from a different city from the other 4 guys.

Is it possible to book 5 tickets under the same booking in this fashion? By phone for example?
Ticket 1: City A to City B
Tickets 2-5: City C to City B

Thanks in advance.
Are you connecting in city C? For example if you were going LGA->ORD->LAX and your friends were going ORD->LAX, you could book two itineraries. One just for you LGA -> ORD and one for all of you ORD -> LAX. In this example (and any like this), you would not be able to check your bag all the way through from LGA to LAX, you would need to leave the secure area in ORD, retrieve your bag, recheck and go through security again--alternatively, one of your friends *might* be able to retrieve your bag and recheck it under their name.
Old Sep 18, 19, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Hmm, considering the complications and what MSPeconomist said, I'll probably train it up to my friends location to get in on the same origin and destination. No big deal.

Another few questions...
To receive the benefits for friends on the same reservation:
1) do I need to book the tickets on AA.com?
2) if yes to 1, do I need to book the tickets on AA.com with the Aviator card?
3) if no to 1&2, can I book them on a site like Orbitz and receive the benefit since the tickets will be associated with my AA membership?
Old Sep 18, 19, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Hmm, considering the complications and what MSPeconomist said, I'll probably train it up to my friends location to get in on the same origin and destination. No big deal.

Another few questions...
3) if no to 1&2, can I book them on a site like Orbitz and receive the benefit since the tickets will be associated with my AA membership?
You do not have to pay with Aviator card or book at aa.com or any specific site. Your Aviator card is linked to your AAdvantage number, so as long as your AAdvantage number is in the reservation AA will see you are a cardmember and provide the associated benefits like first checked bag free.
Old Sep 18, 19, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus

Another few questions...
As another response stated, the benefits are linked to your card, not to how you pay for the ticket.
That said, unless you and the others are on the same flight, there is no way for them to benefit from your card benefits
So, they should all apply for their own Aviator cards
Old Sep 18, 19, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
So, they should all apply for their own Aviator cards
And for a limited time, they can earn 500 extra miles for completing the application right now!
wetrat0 likes this.

Search this Thread