FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Aadvantage dining points. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1987747-aadvantage-dining-points.html)

MNSWEEps Sep 17, 2019 10:55 pm

Aadvantage dining points.

Anyone knows how long does it take for points to get credit to my AA advantage account after I see the same points in 'processing' state on aadvantagedining.com website? Basically my AA points expire on Sep30 and want to extend it by another 18 months by using AA Dining points. Just want to make sure I will get credit before Sep 30.

mvoight Sep 17, 2019 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps (Post 31536732)
Anyone knows how long does it take for points to get credit to my AA advantage account after I see the same points in 'processing' state on aadvantagedining.com website? Basically my AA points expire on Sep30 and want to extend it by another 18 months by using AA Dining points. Just want to make sure I will get credit before Sep 30.

You don't need to have them credited by Sept 30, just as you would not need to have a flight credit received before that date.
The date of the activity you earned the points for is the important thing.

MNSWEEps Sep 17, 2019 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 31536751)
You don't need to have them credited by Sept 30, just as you would not need to have a flight credit received before that date.

ok thanks for info.. I will see if my expiry date gets pushed in a few days..

Rebob Sep 17, 2019 11:09 pm

Mine post within the month based on the credit card's reporting period but I can't find thedtail of when I first signed up to when the first miles posted. It seems like the first posting was a little longer, maybe 45 days but now they post pretty quickly, again, based on the statement and payment dates of the card.

MNSWEEps Sep 18, 2019 12:56 pm

sorry wrong thread..

MNSWEEps Sep 18, 2019 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 31536751)

so if my dining points don't get posted by sep 30, won't AA just expire my points since they don't know that the dining points are coming in..

Djokison Sep 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps (Post 31539455)
so if my dining points don't get posted by sep 30, won't AA just expire my points since they don't know that the dining points are coming in..

Yes, but they’ll be reinstated once it does get credited.

roberto99 Sep 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Once my dines show as "Processing" I usually see the miles in my Aadvantageaccount within 3-6 days.