AA change fee on I fares?

Old Sep 17, 19, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

AA change fee on I fares?

Right now looking at booking ticket from IAH to PEK, outbound trip on I fare and return trip on P fare. I can only figure out a estimate return time right now, but RT is cheaper than buying one-way I fare.

AA only states that they charge up to $750 on international flight changes, does anyone know how much change penalty they usually charge on I fare to/from China?
Old Sep 17, 19, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
No way to know without looking at the specific fare rules, but $500 is common.
Old Sep 17, 19, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by NardoSH View Post
Right now looking at booking ticket from IAH to PEK, outbound trip on I fare and return trip on P fare. I can only figure out a estimate return time right now, but RT is cheaper than buying one-way I fare.

AA only states that they charge up to $750 on international flight changes, does anyone know how much change penalty they usually charge on I fare to/from China?
Aren't the fare rules visible when booking this fare?
Old Sep 18, 19, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
Aren't the fare rules visible when booking this fare?
Maybe I missed something, but AA only mentioned up to $750 change fee, but for Delta flights I was able to see the exact amount of $300. Weird.
Old Sep 18, 19, 1:14 am

Programs: AA PLT
Click through to the detailed fare rules, itíll show you exactly what you need to know.
Old Sep 18, 19, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

checking random P and I fares, it showed $300 change fee for the PE fare and $400 for business
Also would look like $500 cancellation penalty before departure / $800 in case of no show

You do need to check the specific rules for what you are buying though
Old Sep 18, 19, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Djokison View Post
Click through to the detailed fare rules, it’ll show you exactly what you need to know.
FWIW, (and aimed at OP) the detailed fare rules aren't available on AA until you get to the payment screen, there is a very tiny link down at the bottom of the page.

Search this Thread