How long before flight can I check in at LHR

Old Sep 17, 19, 5:14 am
BLG
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
How long before flight can I check in at LHR

We anticipate getting to LHR terminal 3 about 4+ hours before our flight to LAX. I'm gold and Mrs. BLG is flying with me on same PNR. We're flying in Coach, unfortunately, but at least 32A/C MCE. My recollection is that because we can check in at Biz Class check in there is no issue with early check-in, or maybe that doesn't matter and early check in at LHR is OK for everyone? So, any problems with checking in 4+ hours before the flight at LHR? Thanks.
Old Sep 17, 19, 5:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by BLG View Post
We anticipate getting to LHR terminal 3 about 4+ hours before our flight to LAX. I'm gold and Mrs. BLG is flying with me on same PNR. We're flying in Coach, unfortunately, but at least 32A/C MCE. My recollection is that because we can check in at Biz Class check in there is no issue with early check-in, or maybe that doesn't matter and early check in at LHR is OK for everyone? So, any problems with checking in 4+ hours before the flight at LHR? Thanks.
No issues checking in 4+ hours ahead at LHR (for everyone not just status/biz pax).

There are a few domestic airports where you can't check bags more than 4 hours in advance, but as far as just checking in, with AA as long as the counter is open you're good to go, generally speaking.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...nd-arrival.jsp
Old Sep 17, 19, 5:43 am
BLG
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
No issues checking in 4+ hours ahead at LHR (for everyone not just status/biz pax).

There are a few domestic airports where you can't check bags more than 4 hours in advance, but as far as just checking in, with AA as long as the counter is open you're good to go, generally speaking.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...nd-arrival.jsp
Thanks very much.

Search this Thread