FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Butterscotch Topping Option in Ice Cream Sundae (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1987476-butterscotch-topping-option-ice-cream-sundae.html)

bunkunu Sep 16, 19 2:51 am

Butterscotch Topping Option in Ice Cream Sundae

For reals though, since this is an issue that has dynamic world shifting implicationsó
can we document which routes did or did not serve butterscotch as a topping option on ice cream sundaes?

July - September
JFK to LAX - yes
LAX - LHR - yes
LHR - LAX - yes
HKG to LAX - no
LAX to HNL - no
HNL to LAX - no

Nomorepretzels Sep 16, 19 7:17 am

PNS - FSM - no :p

AlwaysSunnyInORD Sep 16, 19 7:58 am

MUC - DFW: Yes :)

platbrownguy Sep 16, 19 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by bunkunu (Post 31529581)
For reals though, since this is an issue that has dynamic world shifting implicationsó
can we document which routes did or did not serve butterscotch as a topping option on ice cream sundaes?

July - September
JFK to LAX - yes
LAX - LHR - yes
LHR - LAX - yes
HKG to LAX - no
LAX to HNL - no
HNL to LAX - no

If they tell you they don't have butterscotch, try asking for caramel... and if that doesn't work, try asking for carmel ;)

Gringa Sep 16, 19 1:20 pm

LHR-DFW definitely yes because I always order it.

wrp96 Sep 16, 19 3:56 pm

DFW-AMS yes

gateH15 Sep 16, 19 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Nomorepretzels (Post 31530020)

LIT-NRT also no

IggySD Sep 16, 19 4:49 pm

So is butterscotch no longer available on every sundae flight? I fortunately havenít run into this enhancement yet but thatís just sad if itís the case.

I am happy to report that it was available LAX-PHL this past weekend.

dkc192 Sep 16, 19 5:13 pm

AFAIK it is never available on Hawaii flights. They replace it with a pineapple/other fruit topping, so the choices are hot fudge, strawberry, and pineapple/other fruit. So it seems like of the OP's flight, just the HKG-LAX was an anomaly.

IADCAflyer Sep 16, 19 5:28 pm

You can go from Pensacola to the flying spaghetti monster?

bunkunu Sep 16, 19 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96 (Post 31531908)
DFW-AMS yes

Originally Posted by dkc192 (Post 31532141)
AFAIK it is never available on Hawaii flights. They replace it with a pineapple/other fruit topping, so the choices are hot fudge, strawberry, and pineapple/other fruit. So it seems like of the OP's flight, just the HKG-LAX was an anomaly.

Some of these others seem to be noís

bunkunu Sep 16, 19 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 31531255)
If they tell you they don't have butterscotch, try asking for caramel... and if that doesn't work, try asking for carmel ;)

I know Iíve tried that 😔

mvoight Sep 17, 19 12:02 am

FAT-SUX- no
SUX-FAT - every odd number flight