FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Window Shade Closer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1987281-window-shade-closer.html)

enviroian Sep 14, 2019 12:03 pm

Window Shade Closer

I was in 1A lat night CLT-DFW on a 321. I chose a window seat because I love to look out the window. Anyway, I went to the bathroom and 3 minutes later when I return I see my window shade shut. Apparently my seatmate didn't like the glare on his ipad. I fired that shade right up and looked at him and said "really?". He shrugged and uncomfortably returned watching his movie. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Also upon boarding he pushed past me saying "excuse me, excuse me". I didn't bother to tell him we are all in the same line but just smiled when I sat next to him.

Often1 Sep 14, 2019 12:08 pm

And the moral of the story is that while you were away and it did not matter, your window shade was down. When you returned, you opened it. Amazing thing, modern technology such as a window shade, can be to make your flight pleasant.

Jaimito Cartero Sep 14, 2019 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 31524832)
I was in 1A lat night CLT-DFW on a 321. I chose a window seat because I love to look out the window. Anyway, I went to the bathroom and 3 minutes later when I return I see my window shade shut. Apparently my seatmate didn't like the glare on his ipad. I fired that shade right up and looked at him and said "really?". He shrugged and uncomfortably returned watching his movie. Has this ever happened to anyone?

Also upon boarding he pushed past me saying "excuse me, excuse me". I didn't bother to tell him we are all in the same line but just smiled when I sat next to him.

I’m amazed at people who have to start a new thread for every little thing. There is a vent thread, and I’m sure dozens of window shade threads.

enviroian Sep 14, 2019 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 31524865)
I’m amazed at people who have to start a new thread for every little thing. There is a vent thread, and I’m sure dozens of window shade threads.

I searched couldn’t find it.

Jaimito Cartero Sep 14, 2019 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 31524878)
I searched couldn’t find it.

I’d say your search skills need some work.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trav...etiquette.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ades-up-4.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trav...dow-shade.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trav...endencies.html

and there are many more. Try the vent thread sometimes.

enviroian Sep 14, 2019 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 31525056)

Thanks. We all don't have time on our hands like some people.

Jaimito Cartero Sep 14, 2019 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 31525090)

If you’re too selfish to search correctly, and enjoy wasting other people’s time, then perhaps that reflects on how other people treat you in real life.

enviroian Sep 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero (Post 31525103)
If you’re too selfish to search correctly, and enjoy wasting other people’s time, then perhaps that reflects on how other people treat you in real life.

Personal insults aren't appreciated on here thank you.

I did use the search function. I used "shade" and "window shade" as key words but nothing came up. You don't believe me that's not my problem.

Navig8R Sep 14, 2019 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 31525090)

And yet you had enough time to post about someone putting “your” window shade down while you were in the sh!tter?

sevastras Sep 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Surly crowd. Maybe they are anti window shade up people and are taking it out on you. I was on a flight a few weeks back in J, in the middle of the day, and a guy behind me yelled at another guy across the 1-2-1 cabin"Close your shade!" when someone opened theirs. I looked at the guy who opened the shade, who was taken aback, and laughed and then quipped back at the guy who yelled across the cabin," Your personal preference is no more valuable than anyone else who is sitting up front". There was a slight grumble and that was the end of that. Sometimes people think they are more important than they are or their preference takes precedent over an others.

enviroian Sep 14, 2019 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by sevastras (Post 31525164)
Sometimes people think they are more important than they are or their preference takes precedent over an others.

Exactly. @:-)

nrr Sep 14, 2019 3:09 pm

OP doesn’t know if a FA didn’t close the shade. When I’ve flown bc intl in an isolated window seat anytime I’ve dozed off and/or gone to the toilet I’ve found my open shade closed.

enviroian Sep 14, 2019 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 31525370)
OP doesn’t know if a FA didn’t close the shade. When I’ve flown bc intl in an isolated window seat anytime I’ve dozed off and/or gone to the toilet I’ve found my open shade closed.

All shades from 2AC down were open.

krispy84 Sep 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 31524832)

You’re blowing this out of proportion IMO. You went to the toilet, a couple of minutes later you returned, regained control of the window shade and could presumably do what you wished with the shade for the rest of the flight. What your seat-mate chose to do for the couple of minutes you were away had negligible impact on you.

Your reaction on return from the toilet: turning to him and saying “really?” was unnecessary. Perhaps you were still nursing some feelings from his behaviour on boarding?

USFlyerUS Sep 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84 (Post 31525511)
Your reaction on return from the toilet: turning to him and saying “really?” was unnecessary. Perhaps you were still nursing some feelings from his behaviour on boarding?

I 100% disagree and would have done the same thing. 1C was clearly being passive aggressive by waiting until 1A went to the bathroom instead of just asking nicely. All 1C had to do was ask.