FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Best flights in business to Jakarta (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1986992-best-flights-business-jakarta.html)

Tracktime Sep 12, 2019 7:22 am

Best flights in business to Jakarta

Planning a trip from LAX to CGK (Jakarta, Indonesia). Looking to get American to HKG or to NRT/HND in Business class.

Any suggestions for best day to get lowest Business Class ticket? I will not use award miles, as this trip should get me close to Executive Platinum for next year.

Just flew on AA in First class LAX - HKG on a B777 using award miles. Really great way to burn those miles.

JJeffrey Sep 12, 2019 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Tracktime (Post 31517218)
Planning a trip from LAX to CGK (Jakarta, Indonesia). Looking to get American to HKG or to NRT/HND in Business class.

Any suggestions for best day to get lowest Business Class ticket? I will not use award miles, as this trip should get me close to Executive Platinum for next year.

Just flew on AA in First class LAX - HKG on a B777 using award miles. Really great way to burn those miles.

What do you mean suggestions for the best day? Are your travel dates set or flexible? Most discount business tickets require at least 30/45/60 day advance purchases depending on the route.

FAA1996 Sep 12, 2019 7:31 am

Is CX not an option? In my opinion the best flights would be CX LAX-HKG-CGK.

Tracktime Sep 13, 2019 8:38 am

Yes, I can choose the date at this time. Most of my domestic travel is not flexible, but for this international trip I can shop for the best fare.

Will flying Cathay give me the same EQD and EQMs?

gateH15 Sep 13, 2019 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Tracktime (Post 31521033)
Yes, I can choose the date at this time. Most of my domestic travel is not flexible, but for this international trip I can shop for the best fare.

Will flying Cathay give me the same EQD and EQMs?

Check earning chart for CX. If you flight has AA number but operated by CX - you will earn as you were flying AA.
CX first and business will only give you 1.5 EQM, 30/25% of distance flown for EQDs.

D3Kingg Sep 13, 2019 2:03 pm

LAX-PEK-CGK. PEK CGK on Garuda Indonesia. Not OW but one of the nicest airlines in the world. Don’t know your dates but I see roundtrip business class on Garuda for $703. Must be a mistake fare.

Penguinmoon Sep 13, 2019 9:15 pm

I'm based in Jakarta. You really can't go wrong with CX, JL, or QR ( I know, a bit long) but the one I have done the most.

CX has some very decent fares now from SE Asia to LAX, but I haven't checked the reverse.

If paying for biz I would avoid AA unless you are on a 77W and can upgrade from J to F with SWU.

aztimm Sep 14, 2019 7:49 am

QR has fares out there from many US locations to CGK for about $2900 in business, with Q suites possible. I've seen DFW-DOH-CGK available for this price, and a few others.