Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA ticket, AZ flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:26 am
Original Poster

AA ticket, AZ flight

I have a business ticket JFK-FCO-TLV bought through AA. The FCO-TLV is on AZ. Upon check-in will AA issue the AZ boarding pass? Will AA interline bags to destination?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
I did not realize that AA.com would sell you a ticket on a flight operated by Alitalia
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
I did not realize that AA.com would sell you a ticket on a flight operated by Alitalia
It likely isnt a codeshare, but AA will sell you tickets on non-OW carriers. They even sell tickets on UA sometimes.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
AA and AZ have had an interline ticketing agreement for over 60 years. So, this has been the case for several generations.

Yes, so long as OP is traveling on one ticket and the connection time at FCO does not exceed 12 hours, AA will check his bags through to TLV.
SK likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Antarius
It likely isnt a codeshare, but AA will sell you tickets on non-OW carriers. They even sell tickets on UA sometimes.
Interesting to know! Appears I have to change the "All Airlines" selector during the search for it to come up. May be useful.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CHSDOC
I have a business ticket JFK-FCO-TLV bought through AA. The FCO-TLV is on AZ. Upon check-in will AA issue the AZ boarding pass? Will AA interline bags to destination?
This is one ticket, so your bags will 100% be checked through. I'm not 100% sure if AA will issue the AZ boarding pass or not. In any case should be easy to get it at FCO if AA is unable to print it. I would think AA would be able to print the AZ BP at JFK without any problem.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:06 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
AA interlines with nearly every other major carrier worldwide regardless of alliance. We've flown DFW-FRA on AA and connected to an LH flight to our final destination in Europe, as an example.
SK likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Interesting info! What level of protection, if any, goes beyond transferring bags? What if his AA flight is delayed and he misses his AZ flight? SOL?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by enviroian
Interesting info! What level of protection, if any, goes beyond transferring bags? What if his AA flight is delayed and he misses his AZ flight? SOL?
On a single ticket you are always protected.
Antarius, Beltway2A and wrp96 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.