BA and CX Protection from AA

Old Sep 11, 19, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

BA and CX Protection from AA

Just wondering if AA is/was protecting pax on flights affected by the BA Pilot Strike and previously CX HK protests ... didnt know if they considered force majeure...and if only revs were included or also mileage tix
Old Sep 11, 19, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Delta PM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Someone with more knowledge can will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe a revenue passenger (i.e. someone who paid for their ticket) is treated the same way on AA regardless of the method of payment (using miles, is, after all, just a different way to "pay" for a flight).

As a matter of policy, AA protects across all OW carriers assuming they have something to do with the itinerary - either 001 stock or an AA-operated flight (even though they are not legally obligated to do so).

The disruptions to HKG were probably protected because they were unannounced and turned into "day of travel" issues for passengers.

Since the BA Pilots are doing everyone a solid and announcing their strike dates (even if they aren't announcing which flights are subject to strike), BA is proactively canceling, and rebooking will likely be taken care of by BA as it is not a "day of travel" issue.

Search this Thread