Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

“This flight does not permit seat selection” AA tix & BA, IB seats

“This flight does not permit seat selection” AA tix & BA, IB seats

Old Sep 9, 19, 2:58 pm

Programs: an inch longer than you. Seriously, this is BS just for bragging.
Originally Posted by DarkHelmetII View Post
How does one "tweet AA" in this scenario? Perhaps naive question, I just don't understand how to use twitter in this way. To be more specific, am I supposed to be logged into my own (twitter) account and mention American Airlines (e.g. @AmericanAir) or am I going to to the @AmericanAir twitter feed and posting there?
Using AA Twitter social media team: how, what, when (master thd)
Old Sep 9, 19, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
Originally Posted by DarkHelmetII View Post
How does one "tweet AA" in this scenario? Perhaps naive question, I just don't understand how to use twitter in this way. To be more specific, am I supposed to be logged into my own (twitter) account and mention American Airlines (e.g. @AmericanAir) or am I going to to the @AmericanAir twitter feed and posting there?
via the message function
Old Sep 9, 19, 7:14 pm

Programs: QF, UA, EK, EY
The problem is not that certain fares require payment for seat selection (even though I don't like it, that's not the issue here). The problem is that certain fares don't allow seat selection. I booked a few Philippine Airlines flights recently. One of them being one way, which is a higher fare class, allows seat selection, with some seats requiring payment. The other bookings don't allow it at all, even for payment, meaning you have to wait until check in.
Old Sep 9, 19, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pagophilus View Post
The problem is not that certain fares require payment for seat selection (even though I don't like it, that's not the issue here). The problem is that certain fares don't allow seat selection. I booked a few Philippine Airlines flights recently. One of them being one way, which is a higher fare class, allows seat selection, with some seats requiring payment. The other bookings don't allow it at all, even for payment, meaning you have to wait until check in.
Did you open the PNR at britishairways.com? I've never run into that problem before when booking codeshares and retrieving the reservation in a BA system (web, mobile, etc.).

Search this Thread