Your Flight Changed - Check Back Soon

Old Sep 6, 19, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Your Flight Changed - Check Back Soon

I popped in to my account a few days ago to select an MCE seat for a flight later in the year and there was a notice at the top. "Your flight changed. Check back soon to see what changed."

I can see what changed and have yet to receive an email about it and it seems it's currently in a status where I can't select a seat other than what was already selected. Every other seat on all segments are grayed out.

The return segment is one that I have purchased on the same day every year for the last few years and it has changed to a later departure down the road. So I was expecting this. (i book this with the lousy 6am departure knowing it will change for the good).

The question really is, how long does it stay in this status for? I've never noticed this in the past but it could be coincidence that I just happened to log in this time. Like I said, it's been 2-3 days since I've seen it like this, could have been like this for longer. Is this normal?
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:59 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
Originally Posted by theshaun View Post
I popped in to my account a few days ago to select an MCE seat for a flight later in the year and there was a notice at the top. "Your flight changed. Check back soon to see what changed."

I can see what changed and have yet to receive an email about it and it seems it's currently in a status where I can't select a seat other than what was already selected. Every other seat on all segments are grayed out.

The return segment is one that I have purchased on the same day every year for the last few years and it has changed to a later departure down the road. So I was expecting this. (i book this with the lousy 6am departure knowing it will change for the good).

The question really is, how long does it stay in this status for? I've never noticed this in the past but it could be coincidence that I just happened to log in this time. Like I said, it's been 2-3 days since I've seen it like this, could have been like this for longer. Is this normal?
happens to me too, you can call AA, they can reissue the ticket and itíll fix it.
Old Sep 7, 19, 12:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Gold, SBUX Gold
I have one of these that has been like this for weeks. Happened after a schedule change caused a MCT issue. I'm in no rush to get it fixed since I figure this is like a free change and I'm not sure what new flights I want yet.
Old Sep 7, 19, 8:31 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
The message is a bit odd because you can already see what changed but I have had a couple of trips in this state for a few weeks. I did get emails but I think the web status remains like that until you call and formally accept the change or an alternative. In my case the changes do not violate MCT, though one is excessively long, so I haven't done anything about them yet.
Old Sep 7, 19, 9:15 am

Programs: AGR S, SPG PLT, MAR PLT, HGP Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Just send a DM to the Twitter team with your desired flights and they will take care of it.
Old Sep 7, 19, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
It's odd to not have received an email yet isn't it? I've never had to call and accept changes, only to make changes after the fact for MCT.

In the case of this trip all 4 segments have had a change, the departure leg and subsequent connection are only 10-20 minute changes and I have no issues with them. The return and connection are several hours to my benefit (which I was expecting from past experience). I shouldn't have to call AA.
Old Sep 7, 19, 12:59 pm

Programs: AGR S, SPG PLT, MAR PLT, HGP Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by theshaun View Post
It's odd to not have received an email yet isn't it? I've never had to call and accept changes, only to make changes after the fact for MCT.

In the case of this trip all 4 segments have had a change, the departure leg and subsequent connection are only 10-20 minute changes and I have no issues with them. The return and connection are several hours to my benefit (which I was expecting from past experience). I shouldn't have to call AA.
I don't think you need to unless you have an issue. They'll eventually get to you.

Search this Thread