Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA flight delayed 10 hours missed connection (separate PNR)

Old Sep 6, 19, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond

What can we do? Cathay says they canít help us as this flights are operating corfecfl, American said we didnít book it on them. Can we do anything or are we just sol?
Old Sep 6, 19, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by chitink View Post
What can we do? Cathay says they can’t help us as this flights are operating corfecfl, American said we didn’t book it on them. Can we do anything or are we just sol?
Well for starters we would need a lot more details about your exact flights and PNRs etc. before anyone will be able to provide any kind of assistance.

That said, sounds like you're running into the same issues as this, some very relevant reading, still on page 1:

AA ignores oneworld protection when mech causes delay

Your best bet is going to be finding a good AA agent willing to liaise with CX to change whatever connecting flight you have.
chitink likes this.
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
What can we do? Cathay says they canít help us as this flights are operating corfecfl, American said we didnít book it on them. Can we do anything or are we just sol?
See, especially, Post #7 in the thread linked in JJeffrey's post. You'll notice the contradiction between the first screenshot (both tickets must be on the same PNR) and the second screenshot (two tickets on separate PNRs are protected if one is on AA and the other is on any oneworld carrier).

Edited to add: Note that if anyone is required to rebook you, it is AA, not CX. If AA's AA-oneworld-on-separate-PNRs policy still exists, then it is AA's responsibility to rebook you, as AA was the late-delivering carrier.

Last edited by guv1976; Sep 6, 19 at 11:15 am
Old Sep 6, 19, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What is corfecfl?

It would help to know details, including routes, ticket stock, and whether some of the flights are codeshares. Are there AA flights or codeshares that you could use instead of the missed CX flight?
Old Sep 6, 19, 11:20 am

Programs: AA/US - PlatinumPro; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
What is corfecfl?

Its a brand of Kelloggs cereal that is in the form of corn flakes. Eat that and with a hot cup of covfefe and you're set for the morning.
tlglenn, Tanic, arlflyer and 6 others like this.

Last edited by IADCAflyer; Sep 6, 19 at 11:26 am
Old Sep 6, 19, 11:25 am

this flights are operating corfecfl
Well, what more do you want to hear then? Sounds like it's all clear to me.
Old Sep 6, 19, 12:39 pm

so what happened?
Old Sep 6, 19, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
What is corfecfl?

Past perfect tense of Covfefe.

of course...

(I mean as long as OP is MIA....)
Old Sep 6, 19, 1:54 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
I'm 99% sure OP is on AA193 9/6, as I'm also on that flight.

​​​​​​Another datapoint - I also had an AA-CX connection , but it was on the same itinerary, AA actually protected me and flew me straight into my final destination on another carrier UA.

I am flying J and made the change in the lounge, so that might had made a difference. It seemed like the agents were pretty much doing anything the system allowed, using any OW carrier as well as other non OW US carriers.
aztimm likes this.
Old Sep 12, 19, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bmw303 View Post
so what happened?
They rebooked us on a later CX flight even though it was a separate ticket. Just took finding the right agent.
wrp96 likes this.

Search this Thread