Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Happiness flight 556 (pax upset full bin in First, GA berating FA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happiness flight 556 (pax upset full bin in First, GA berating FA)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I also wonder (assume?) that if, with densification, there's less closet space for FA bags and overflow F pax bags.
SouthernCross likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA, B6, DL, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Antarius
On the new MiQ seats (Oasis), there is no space on the aisle. Today is the first time I've flown in an aisle F seat (window FTW), and i cannot fit my backpack.

Same backpack that fits under an ER4 seat with no issues, but it has to go up now.
Very true. I have had issues with my (fat) briefcase fitting all the way under.
TSparky and Antarius like this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The AVOD boxes take a lot of underseat space.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
I wonder if Mr Happy had been nice about it, if the FA(s) might have found space to squeeze his bag somewhere- even if a few rows back- instead of a gate check?

Including asking any F pax w stuff up above and space at their feet 'if you wouldnt mind...'
Near guarantee. Most people aren't thinking - how can I needlessly be mean to this person.

Heck, I've taken my bag out of the overhead and gate checked my bag to let someone keep their bag. They had a slew of stuff they needed in the cabin and I didnt. Similarly, people have been nice to me when I needed it.

Basically, no guarantees, except that being a dick guarantees no one will make effort to help you.
catcher1 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
On the new MiQ seats (Oasis), there is no space on the aisle. Today is the first time I've flown in an aisle F seat (window FTW), and i cannot fit my backpack.

Same backpack that fits under an ER4 seat with no issues, but it has to go up now.
I don't dispute that, but I stand by my observation. I've only been on an Oasis aircraft once.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 3:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Once someone in a bulkhead seat kindly suggested creating room for my roller bag by putting his backpack (which was already in the bin when I boarded) under my seat. Problem solved.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmblinn
I don't dispute that, but I stand by my observation. I've only been on an Oasis aircraft once.
Totally agree. This is definitely the exception case aircraft.

I also noticed it because I had to put my bag up. I check my suitcase 100% of the time, so until today, my backpack has been safely under the seat
pmblinn likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I prefer bulkhead aisle and often book 1C or 1D, and I also tend to be lazy getting to the gate. Maybe 50% of the time I have a rollerboard and 100% of the time I have an underseat-sized "rollerboard." So I always have to at least find overhead space for what I'd call a largeish underseat bag. It's easier of course to rearrange bags in the overhead bin to make room for something smaller, but I do often have to ask the FA's help, especially since there's often some kind of emergency equipment immediately above 1D. It's annoying but a part of the wonderful experience we call "traveling." I've never lost it with an FA over this, nor for that matter have I ever had to gate check anything.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I also wonder (assume?) that if, with densification, there's less closet space for FA bags and overflow F pax bags.
FWIW this plane was a dino old 320 with the old F seats, no power nor AVOD or drop down screen. If memory serves the bins over 1ACDF were compartmentalized into a 70/30 space.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The AVOD boxes take a lot of underseat space.
The Oasis seats don't have the box and I still can't fit my backpack under them.
lbbzman likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Rebob
The Oasis seats don't have the box and I still can't fit my backpack under them.
AA is supposedly redoing the Oasis F seats to fix this issue
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by ryan182
AA is supposedly redoing the Oasis F seats to fix this issue
Sure but will they be more comfortable. My biggest issue is with comfort. I flew a retrofitted LUS 321 in first from ORD to SFO yesterday and my back STILL hurts. The seat comfort is my biggest issue and if I am not able to escape these seats, AA will definitely lose my business.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Rebob
Sure but will they be more comfortable. My biggest issue is with comfort. I flew a retrofitted LUS 321 in first from ORD to SFO yesterday and my back STILL hurts. The seat comfort is my biggest issue and if I am not able to escape these seats, AA will definitely lose my business.
nope they will still suck - but your backpack will fit under the seat (allegedly)
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:42 pm

nope they will still suck - but your backpack will fit under the seat (allegedly)
OK, fine. Bye, bye AA.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Going way OT here, but I definitely find these more comfortable than the LAA 737 seats. Those feel like park benches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.