Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Replacing lost flight credit certificates - any advice or experiences?

Old Sep 2, 19, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, American Airlines, Marriott Gold LT, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat

Long story made short: A family member traveling with two kids took a voluntary bump from an oversold flight to a flight departing later in the day. AA issued three $500 flight credit vouchers to the adult family member. They were signed for and the three family members returned successfully on the later flight. They have now lost the three $500 credit vouchers. We do have all the original ticket numbers and boarding passes for the flight actually flown.

When it comes to replacing the lost vouchers, are they completely out of luck or can we (they ask for my help as I'm the resident experienced travel guy in the family) reach out to AA Customer Service to seek a re-issue of the credits? I'd love to hear FlyerTalk suggestions, experiences or advice as to how we should proceed before I contact AA direct???

Thank you in advance!!!
Old Sep 2, 19, 9:14 am

Programs: Free Agent - Ex-AA EXP
Well there certificates do say treat it as cash. I've never lost one, but have been told if you lost them you're out of luck.
Old Sep 2, 19, 9:17 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by SiempreBCNJFK View Post
Well there certificates do say treat it as cash. I've never lost one, but have been told if you lost them you're out of luck.
Call AA , asking never hurt..
Old Sep 2, 19, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Please return with the result of the call. It is an important data point because it has not previously been done.

Search this Thread