Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Baggage allowance and seat selection on AA award with Avios?

Old Aug 31, 19, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, AA PM

Does anyone know whether one gets checked baggage allowance and/or seat selection on AA flights to the Caribbean booked with Avios? Grateful for any insight.
Old Aug 31, 19, 12:45 pm

Same as regular ticket in same class and travellers status. Economy award is not treated as basic economy for now but i believe delta is already trailblazing the concept...
Old Aug 31, 19, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, AA PM
Originally Posted by azepine00 View Post
Same as regular ticket in same class and travellers status. Economy award is not treated as basic economy for now but i believe delta is already trailblazing the concept...
Thanks! Exactly what I was wondering. So presumably with no status and no CCs we can select seats in the back of the plane but still need to pay for checked bags.
Old Aug 31, 19, 5:59 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by snaporaz View Post

Thanks! Exactly what I was wondering. So presumably with no status and no CCs we can select seats in the back of the plane but still need to pay for checked bags.
Yes. I have an AA flight LAX-OGG booked with Avios and have selected seats, but no free luggage.
Old Sep 1, 19, 9:43 am

Programs: Delta, American, Flying Blue, Korean Air
Does anyone know if AA will offer a cash upgrade to Premium Economy for economy tix booked with Avios?

If so, how and when does that happen? Can I call AA after I book via BA? Do it on the day of travel?

Search this Thread