Help - Boarding Pass / Passport mismatch

Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Help - Boarding Pass / Passport mismatch

Everything looked fine on my reservation confirmation. But when I checked in this morning, the boarding pass is issued with the wrong middle name. It says "Miss" instead of "Marie". I checked my profile, my FF account, --- no idea why this happened. Only thing I can think of is the phone agent who exchanged my ticket entered something manually and a mistake was made. Ticket is PLS connecting through ORD to DCA.

How much of a problem is this likely to be at PLS (Turks & Caicos Provodenciales) airport --- the boarding pass / passport mismatch. It's obvious the "miss" is some clerical error ---- "miss" is not a middle name --- but still. How much additional time do I need to allow to rectify?

Last edited by cmtlatitudes; Aug 29, 2019 at 7:45 am Reason: added airport code city
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:01 am

Boarding passes usually dont show middle names. Last name, first name title (like yours is) is not uncommon however. Though Its less frequent than it used to be.

No need to worry.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Does it show as [Surname], [First name] Miss?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Yes! If I were Jane Doe, the Boarding Pass would read: DOE / JANE MISS

Thanks -- feeling better about getting that last swim in. :-)

Last edited by JY1024; Aug 29, 2019 at 10:22 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:48 am

I've had BPs say all sorts of weird things over the years; combinations of first, last, middle names, titles, initials, etc. all thrown in a blender. Usually on partner tickets where IT systems don't play nice with each other. Has never been an issue for me or others with whom I've traveled.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
As long as your first and last names match I wouldn't worry one bit, especially if the info is all correct in the reservation.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Heading to airport now. Goodbye to Paradise, Hello Cruel Reality, all too soon!!
Uzzar likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes
Thanks! Heading to airport now. Goodbye to Paradise, Hello Cruel Reality, all too soon!!
In this case maybe you would pefer that they not let you board.
bruceba likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.