Booking BA F LHR-->DME with AA miles

Old Aug 28, 19, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Booking BA F LHR-->DME with AA miles

Has anyone ever successfully ticketed an award using AA miles in three-cabin first class on BA's service from London to Moscow? I can see that the flight exists, and there does appear to be partner award availability (via Qantas), but I can't find it on AA's website. Calling AA, the agent I spoke with was unable to ticket it as well, but I'm not sure if this is just a HUCA situation, or if AA actually prohibits these redemptions?

I can't see any reason why it shouldn't be possible though. It almost seems that AA simply didn't consider the possibility that BA might offer an intra-europe F service.
Old Aug 28, 19, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is actually a 4 class service if it has 1st class

There is no 1st class award on AA's award table for that journey

Both London and Moscow are classified as Europe and for travel Europe - Europe , the only awards offered (exclusding within a single country) are economy at 12.5k and business at 22.5k

Business class is the highest award that can be redeemed for that journey
Old Aug 28, 19, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Dave, to be clear - I was also searching for journeys beginning in the US. So there is (at least in principle) an award chart price.
Old Aug 29, 19, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which date are you looking at where LHR-DME has 1st class as an offering? all the flights I see are operated using Airbus A321s , none of which have 1st class, only business , premium economy and Economy
Old Aug 29, 19, 5:47 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
BA offers F on one LHR-DME flight pretty much daily AFAIK.

Doing a dummy search at aa.com for say BOS-DME tomorrow, I see one option where you're in F on both flights, so it definitely can be booked using AA miles but only from other regions, as mentioned above.

Old Aug 29, 19, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't look quite that close in - oops - looking further out there seems to be no 1st class after 26th October

Search this Thread