Best way to report FA in F, HKG-DFW

Old Aug 23, 19, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Hilton Gold, United 1K, Delta Platinum Medallion
Best way to report FA in F, HKG-DFW

Iím currently flying HKG-DFW-GRU, and on the HKG-DFW leg. Purser is working first class and worst FA Iíve ever had. No linens, no drink refills (water or wine), and just a bad attitude. Iíve tried killing him with kindness and itís bad. Iím in 2A and the lady in 2D asked me, ďis he in a bad mood or what is wrong?Ē Iím Executive Platinum but stopped flying AA due to all the delays. Decided to give another chance, but seems like things are worse. Do I just forget it and get to DFW and hope for better flights next or do I report him somehow? What would you guys do? Thanks!

Last edited by Droundtheworld; Aug 23, 19 at 2:02 am
Old Aug 23, 19, 3:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
Iíve reported bad FA attitudes and improper service on international F and J to AAdvantage CS and theyíve usually been very keen to listen. Iíve gotten calls asking about specific dates, routes, descriptions of the FA, etc. I donít expect them to follow up with me about any sort of internal action, but I always got the impression that it was taken seriously.
Spiff, Redhead, chitink and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by potus18 View Post
Iíve reported bad FA attitudes and improper service on international F and J to AAdvantage CS and theyíve usually been very keen to listen. Iíve gotten calls asking about specific dates, routes, descriptions of the FA, etc. I donít expect them to follow up with me about any sort of internal action, but I always got the impression that it was taken seriously.
Thank you. Itís crazy, all of us in F are just looking at each other in amazement.
E55 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 4:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
The aa Twitter team are usually pretty responsive so perhaps start there given you are in the air and will also allow you to vent to aa a bit?
Redhead, embeau, AAExpDFW and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 4:55 am

Programs: 120% Airline Free Agent, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis likes me
According to one of the FA's on my MAD-CLT yesterday (8/22), when queried about the best way to report FA/GA failure(s), said if you want to get somebody's attention "in a hurry" is to use Twitter. "It seems to be all they pay attention to." Her quote, not mine.

Somewhere on this forum is an article from some British journalist who was given J LHR-DFW, an in depth tour of AA's command and control center in Dallas, and J back to LHR via PHX. He talks about the social media team, and their proximity to the top managers, which backs this up. Perhaps someone else can find the link.

I would look for it, but I am too busy opening a Twitter account, so I can report the FA on my flight..

OP-Please report him while you are in the air. As of 6:15am CDT, you still have 9 hours left before you land. Give him a "Welcome home" gift from management. Perhaps even enlist some of your fellow victims to tweet also?

Last edited by Dallas49er; Aug 23, 19 at 5:17 am
Old Aug 23, 19, 5:19 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Interesting, I have had really uninterested pursers on the DFW /HKG and HKG/DFW in F quite a few times...
maybe its just that routing that brings out the best in some AA crew.... (and sad, because I believe its AA longest flight)
E55 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 5:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Be very specific. Terms such as "bad attitude" are purely subjective. When you report "no refills" make sure you specify what you asked for and what you did (not) get. Make it 2-3 short declarative sentences and leave out who else thought what.
Old Aug 23, 19, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by fotographer View Post
Interesting, I have had really uninterested pursers on the DFW /HKG and HKG/DFW in F quite a few times...
maybe its just that routing that brings out the best in some AA crew.... (and sad, because I believe its AA longest flight)
Perhaps you meant to put quotation marks around "... best..."?
MasterPlanner and fotographer like this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by potus18 View Post
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Be very specific. Terms such as "bad attitude" are purely subjective. When you report "no refills" make sure you specify what you asked for and what you did (not) get. Make it 2-3 short declarative sentences and leave out who else thought what.
Thank you! Very true. I was told after one glass of white wine and asked for red now I had to finish the white bottle for cost saving.

Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
No water refills or bottle of waters available, yet I walk to business and tons of water bottles. Asked for mid flight snack and told they forgot to load, I preordered meal but was told there were people with higher status ( Iím paid F and ex Platinum). Just confused all the way. Thatís why I asked for help.
becks1 likes this.

Last edited by JY1024; Aug 25, 19 at 11:51 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old Aug 23, 19, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by chgodrew View Post

Thank you! Very true. I was told after one glass of white wine and asked for red now I had to finish the white bottle for cost saving.

What a load of solid animal waste!

No water refills or bottle of waters available, yet I walk to business and tons of water bottles. Asked for mid flight snack and told they forgot to load, I preordered meal but was told there were people with higher status ( I’m paid F and ex Platinum). Just confused all the way. That’s why I asked for help.
Pasture Pancakes!

Open your twitter account now. (Sarcasm on) Ask for a refund. Group 9 service at a Group 1 price. ( Didn't realize you mistakenly boarded Spirit Airlines. ETC. (Sarcasm off)

I hope you have the guys name, but I'm guessing he is the type that hides his badge and name..

And I will bet you he will come up to you at the end of the flight and thank you for your business.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Aug 23, 19 at 6:43 am
Old Aug 23, 19, 7:06 am

Programs: QR Silver, AC, EVA Gold, UL silver and PAL. IHG Gold

No water refills or bottle of waters available, yet I walk to business and tons of water bottles. Asked for mid flight snack and told they forgot to load, I preordered meal but was told there were people with higher status ( Iím paid F and ex Platinum). Just confused all the way. Thatís why I asked for help.
In first class? They did this to you in first class? I have never flown AA but I have never experienced this in first class in any other airline.
chitink likes this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dallas49er View Post
Pasture Pancakes!

Open your twitter account now. (Sarcasm on) Ask for a refund. Group 9 service at a Group 1 price. ( Didn't realize you mistakenly boarded Spirit Airlines. ETC. (Sarcasm off)

I hope you have the guys name, but I'm guessing he is the type that hides his badge and name..

And I will bet you he will come up to you at the end of the flight and thank you for your business.
I have a picture of his name badge, he is also the purser. He is on break now and WOW, what a change.
Old Aug 23, 19, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Could he be mistaking you for non-rev?
Old Aug 23, 19, 7:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, Best Buy Elite, Starbucks Gold, Sweetgreen Green

Is that for real? Incredible.
Old Aug 23, 19, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Could he be mistaking you for non-rev?
No non-revs in F, itís been fully booked for days. I wish that was the answer

No non-revs in F, itís been fully booked for days. I wish that was the answer
The 2 in first class are now on break with replacements. What a difference, I went to restroom and while I was there they remade bed. Also keep coming round every :10ish mins asking if we need anything. I asked why they werenít in first class normal and they said they were too junior. Sad.
Etheereal likes this.

Last edited by JY1024; Aug 25, 19 at 11:52 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts

Search this Thread
Search Engine: