Search

Best way to report FA in F, HKG-DFW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by chgodrew

This is the tweet I sent

I’m in 2A on HKG-DFW continuing on to GRU. The purser is worse FA I have had. No eye contact, no refill on drinks, then he just disappeared. Didn’t complete full meal service. After 4 hours both purser and other flight attendant left and things completely changed. I asked what happened and new flight attendant said she was junior and was just covering. I didn’t bring my exec platinum coupons with me. I stopped flying AA because of delays and figured I would give another chance then this.
Oh man, you're being too nice, that's likely to garner nothing more than a "we're sorry and will pass along your feedback" boilerplate reply.

I would start a freaking Twitter string listing out each and every "issue" you mentioned above in the exact detail (wouldn't give you red wine until you finished your white, etc). Make sure you call out @AmericanAir in each tweet and list the flight number and date specifically in each one so there is zero confusion on who this person is.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:41 am
Suspended

Question

This is the tweet I sent

I’m in 2A on HKG-DFW continuing on to GRU. The purser is worse FA I have had. No eye contact, no refill on drinks, then he just disappeared. Didn’t complete full meal service. After 4 hours both purser and other flight attendant left and things completely changed. I asked what happened and new flight attendant said she was junior and was just covering. I didn’t bring my exec platinum coupons with me. I stopped flying AA because of delays and figured I would give another chance then this.
I Need your help. Was giving them a chance to respond which they didn’t.
Unless I'm missing something (very, very, very possible,) it doesn't appear to me that you tweeted that-- rather that you DM'd that to AA. That won't accomplish anything (I mean they might throw you some useless pity-miles, if that's something you're interested in) but, in terms of exposing the issues, if that's your hope, barely worth the effort, IMO.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EXP sad former CK, Bonvoy LT Plat, BAEC Gold, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
Twitter DM AA with the details. Names, flight number, seat number, full details. I have found them incredibly responsive. Just completed LHR/ORD in J, and had a great experience.

Every organization has some disaffected "bad apples", and management has to know to be able to deal with it. Yes, the union can be a complication, but even unionized staff can be disciplined and terminated for not doing their job.

Fortunately these bad experiences are an outlier in my experience. Unfortunately for businesses, no one remembers the great, good or average, but people do remember the experiences that totally piss us off. AA has/had a gate agent at MCO ten years ago, and I still recall her screw you attitude, despite my trying to kill with kindness. Again, her colleagues apologized profusely for her, and I suppose everyone has a bad day, but dealing with these things is the job of management.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Unless I'm missing something (very, very, very possible,) it doesn't appear to me that you tweeted that-- rather that you DM'd that to AA. That won't accomplish anything (I mean they might throw you some useless pity-miles, if that's something you're interested in) but, in terms of exposing the issue, if that's your hope, barely worth the effort, IMO.
I’ve realized you are right. I’ve never tweeted direct. Can you help me? I’m not looking for anything but a change in FA and how they treat us.

PS, if anyone is in DFW and wants flagship dining let me know.

Last edited by JY1024; Aug 25, 2019 at 11:58 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old Aug 23, 2019, 11:56 am
Suspended

[left]
I’ve realized you are right. I’ve never tweeted direct. Can you help me?]
I tried to get the ball rolling a bit here:
Spiff, SK, Dallas49er and 18 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JonNYC
I tried to get the ball rolling a bit here:
https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1...699304961?s=20
Thank you JonNYC. No meals served before landing because they are short staffed they just announced. I never eat as long as there is a first class dining. Anyone want to dine with me?
deeruck and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:07 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I have read this and am incredulous. To have such an odious individual for 14 hours must be horrible. Forgive me if I sound naive, but have you or anyone tackled him face to face about his attitude and indifferent service?
Spiff, SK, ijgordon and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

I’ve tried to keep my cool but it has been very hard!
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I have read this and am incredulous. To have such an odious individual for 14 hours must be horrible. Forgive me if I sound naive, but have you or anyone tackled him face to face about his attitude and indifferent service?
I wouldn't suggest that. Admittedly the FA can't deplane him now, but how many stories have we heard of FAs getting the captain because they don't like a passenger's perceived attitude?
TravelBug1314 and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
You need to create a string response to JonNYC's tweet that has every single detail of what went wrong. Just keep replying to yourself, it'll keep tagging American. That's how you get their attention
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA

Thank you JonNYC. No meals served before landing because they are short staffed they just announced.
That's totally absurd!!
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:22 pm

Apparently you are too successful at keeping your cool. Multiple tweets please, each with one specific incident description.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:23 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by skunker
I wouldn't suggest that. Admittedly the FA can't deplane him now, but how many stories have we heard of FAs getting the captain because they don't like a passenger's perceived attitude?
Really? I have not heard any of these stories, but I do not doubt what you say. Personally, I would be more than happy to see the Captain. I assume that the "Perceived Attitude" would only matter if this was aggressive.If the answer was yes, then the last place that the Captain should be is out of the cockpit. If the conversation takes place in the cabin in front of witnesses then I cannot see how this would be valid. I'm afraid that I deal with matters face to face rather than let them fester.

Has it now come to the FAs doing what they please and threaten any passengers who object to their conduct or attitude with the Captain? So are we saying that they can say and do as they please and are answerable to nobody?
ijgordon and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Has it now come to the FAs doing what they please and threaten any passengers who object to their conduct or attitude with the Captain?
In the US, yes. You never want to get into a dispute with an FA during a flight, any more than you should argue with a US police officer when there are no witnesses. In both cases they have a lot of---how you say---leeway. Hence Twitter.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Aug 23, 2019 at 2:52 pm
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Thank you JonNYC. No meals served before landing because they are short staffed they just announced. I never eat as long as there is a first class dining. Anyone want to dine with me?
WOW, this is unprecedented. Longhaul flights are fully staffed and even if there really were a staff shortage, shouldn't first class passengers get priority?

This dude is not only incredibly lazy but he's been insulting to his customers who are presumably among AA's best customers.
Spiff, roberto99, deeruck and 7 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.