Best way to report FA in F, HKG-DFW

Old Aug 23, 19, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Dallas49er View Post
According to one of the FA's on my MAD-CLT yesterday (8/22), when queried about the best way to report FA/GA failure(s), said if you want to get somebody's attention "in a hurry" is to use Twitter. "It seems to be all they pay attention to." Her quote, not mine.

Somewhere on this forum is an article from some British journalist who was given J LHR-DFW, an in depth tour of AA's command and control center in Dallas, and J back to LHR via PHX. He talks about the social media team, and their proximity to the top managers, which backs this up. Perhaps someone else can find the link.

I would look for it, but I am too busy opening a Twitter account, so I can report the FA on my flight..

OP-Please report him while you are in the air. As of 6:15am CDT, you still have 9 hours left before you land. Give him a "Welcome home" gift from management. Perhaps even enlist some of your fellow victims to tweet also?
Re: the twitter/social media speed. It's due to the extremely high exposure that social media allows for complaints to propagate, especially really severe complaints that simply explodes with how easy posts and tweets can get shared like the UA David Dao incident. That's why twitter complaints get answered fairly quickly and seem to have authority to make things happen, ensuring that any bad press gets contained and dealt with asap before it hurts revenue. Not guaranteed to happen all the time, but far more responsive than a website feedback form.
Old Aug 23, 19, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Tweet AA now. Everything you've reported is unacceptable in any cabin, from the not following the pre-order list (AA does not prioritize meals by status), to the lack of linens, to the lack of water, to the refusal to pour red wine, etc. If you want to be fair and balanced, point out the difference in service once the two were on break.
Spiff, Redhead, embeau and 7 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Hilton Gold, United 1K, Delta Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by wrp96 View Post
Tweet AA now. Everything you've reported is unacceptable in any cabin, from the not following the pre-order list (AA does not prioritize meals by status), to the lack of linens, to the lack of water, to the refusal to pour red wine, etc. If you want to be fair and balanced, point out the difference in service once the two were on break.
Thank you, Iím doing that now. I sometimes think Iím overthinking things, but on this flight it has just been worse and worse. Well until the 2 went on break, it has completely changed now.
embeau likes this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 9:48 am

Report the purser via twitter. You are in F and F should be an experience no matter what airline.
Maybe your twitter will get the attention of other FA and Pursers and they will think twice when it comes to customer service.
Spiff, embeau and dav662 like this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I can't even imagine how someone would serve dinner in FC without linens. Are the plates sliding around on the bare plastic table top?

The comment about not wasting the white wine makes me wonder whether that FA/purser (is it the same person or are they both very very bad employees?) is hoping to take an unopened bottle of wine home in a doggy bag for himself.

Normally I would suggest saying something to the purser about such problems, but obviously not if the purser himself is the problem.
dav662, nancypants and becks1 like this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 10:18 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I can't even imagine how someone would serve dinner in FC without linens. Are the plates sliding around on the bare plastic table top?

The comment about not wasting the white wine makes me wonder whether that FA/purser (is it the same person or are they both very very bad employees?) is hoping to take an unopened bottle of wine home in a doggy bag for himself.

Normally I would suggest saying something to the purser about such problems, but obviously not if the purser himself is the problem.
The tables are plastic? In F? Wow.

Also, do they only have one bottle of each wine?
Old Aug 23, 19, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post

things have gotten better because F crew went on break. She told me purser has a reputation. I told her Iím going DFW-GRU and back to GRU-DFW-HKG. Itís still not good, though at least break crew is trying.
embeau likes this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Please report the purser. Not only is the person lazy, but he/she has made offensive comments to FC customers (the line about not opening/wasting bottle of wine when customers have paid over ten thousand dollars for their tickets) and refused to give an EXP the preordered meal while also apparently being oblivious about the passenger's EXP status. This would be funny if it weren't so sad for AA and the passenger victims on the flight.
Old Aug 23, 19, 10:39 am

Programs: Airline Free agent DL AA 2m+milesMarriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by chgodrew View Post

Thank you, Iím doing that now. I sometimes think Iím overthinking things, but on this flight it has just been worse and worse. Well until the 2 went on break, it has completely changed now.
Like I said earlier, maybe the purser will have a "Welcome home from Hong Kong" note from management when you both land! One can hope. Keep us posted.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold

things have gotten better because F crew went on break. She told me purser has a reputation. I told her Iím going DFW-GRU and back to GRU-DFW-HKG. Itís still not good, though at least break crew is trying.
This is the worst part, if an FA is crap enough to have a "reputation" amongst other FAs they should have been canned long ago. So either management is incapable of removing them, doesn't care, or pax aren't sending in feedback, given we only have control over the last one its important that bad (and great) service be reported.
Old Aug 23, 19, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Please please report, this is totally unacceptable in F, let alone in any other class. We pay to be on those flights in First OR Coach, never should someone be treated that way. Things only get better if we bombard AA with information.
Spiff and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 11:27 am
Suspended

Lightbulb

Thank you, I’m doing that now. I sometimes think I’m overthinking things, but on this flight it has just been worse and worse. Well until the 2 went on break, it has completely changed now.
Put up a link here to your tweet, if you are so inclined (and, of course, if privacy concerns, etc. allow.)

Last edited by JonNYC; Aug 23, 19 at 11:44 am
Old Aug 23, 19, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Dallas49er View Post
Somewhere on this forum is an article from some British journalist who was given J LHR-DFW, an in depth tour of AA's command and control center in Dallas, and J back to LHR via PHX. He talks about the social media team, and their proximity to the top managers, which backs this up. Perhaps someone else can find the link.
Looking for that link to read the article if anyone can find it please!
Old Aug 23, 19, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

This is the tweet I sent

I’m in 2A on HKG-DFW continuing on to GRU. The purser is worse FA I have had. No eye contact, no refill on drinks, then he just disappeared. Didn’t complete full meal service. After 4 hours both purser and other flight attendant left and things completely changed. I asked what happened and new flight attendant said she was junior and was just covering. I didn’t bring my exec platinum coupons with me. I stopped flying AA because of delays and figured I would give another chance then this.

I’m Droundtheworld on Twitter. Thank you for all of your help. I agree with all of you, it’s just crazy still.
Spiff, zpaul, dav662 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by JY1024; Aug 26, 19 at 12:55 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts
Old Aug 23, 19, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Would be interesting to "cozy" up to the replacement FAs and see what you can informally learn about the "disciplinary" process, if any, in this type of situation. I mean, make it clear that it's been night and day since the crew changeover, but things like do FAs ever complain about other FAs (wouldn't it help their seniority to push out senior bad apples??), do they ever get feedback (positive or negative, and definitely tell them you'll put in a good word their service!).

And definitely encourage your fellow pax to tweet/DM AA, or even just fill out the web form. I'm sure an entire F cabin can't be ignored!
Spiff and wrp96 like this.

Search this Thread