Tips for earning more EQD?

Old Aug 22, 19, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Tips for earning more EQD?

In the past I just squeaked by with EQD but I've had no worries with miles. The issue is this year the EXP spend increased considerably so now I am chasing EQDs. I apologize if I missed any recent ideas/threads/help already on this topic. I mostly fly to Asia and book Economy or Premium Economy.
Old Aug 23, 19, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by bht-kevin View Post
In the past I just squeaked by with EQD but I've had no worries with miles. The issue is this year the EXP spend increased considerably so now I am chasing EQDs. I apologize if I missed any recent ideas/threads/help already on this topic. I mostly fly to Asia and book Economy or Premium Economy.
EQD on AA are by dollar's spent. EQD on other carriers is by class of service and distance t (class of service percentage times distance)
Info on the percentage can be found by looking at each partner airline
For example: Cathay First gets you 30 percent
Finnair First gets you 60 percent (F class) or 30 percent (A)
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...r-airlines.jsp
enpremiere likes this.
Old Aug 23, 19, 12:27 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
EQD on AA are by dollar's spent. EQD on other carriers is by class of service and distance t (class of service percentage times distance)
Finnair First gets you 60 percent (F class) or 30 percent (A)
It is quite easy for them to promise high earnings on AY F, since on native flight numbers that does not exist, and i doubt very much that AY would codeshare for F either. Transcn AA codesahre in F?
Old Aug 23, 19, 1:34 am
hmv

JFK-LHR roundtrip in premium economy an option? While I was searching for some flights to finish my platinum challenge, noticed that the fares on the LHR-JFK route were pretty acceptable for the EQD earned.

At some point I saw a 662 euro (720 USD) round trip which would earn you something like 1200 EQD.
Old Aug 23, 19, 1:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
Finnair First* gets you 60 percent (F class) or 30 percent (A)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
It is quite easy for them to promise high earnings on AY F, since on native flight numbers that does not exist, and i doubt very much that AY would codeshare for F either. Transcn AA codesahre in F?

*Finnair does not operate First Class. These booking classes will only accrue on codeshare flights where Finnair is the marketing carrier and American Airlines or British Airways is the operating carrier.
Old Aug 23, 19, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
AY F got me all excited about a potential travel hack, as you can get cheap BA F fares sometimes. But alas it's only full fare F, not the discounted A class...
Old Aug 23, 19, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
If you can get a good price on partner premium economy (CX especially during sales) you can get around 3 EQD/$ spend but I haven't seen any such since last November. >2 EQD/$ is less difficult esp if you are willing to go to China/have Visa. Also some Europe. Take a look at the Google flights flexible dates function from your preferred airports and the filters PE + Oneworld. If you find an AA fare, see if you can buy it through AAvacations to get the Special Fares table (* designated fares in AAVacations flight details).
gbc9174 likes this.

Search this Thread