Do Code Share Earn Lifetime Miles ?

Old Aug 21, 19, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Do Code Share Earn Lifetime Miles ?

I am booking a flight on the AA website, but the flight is operated by BA. It is a code share flight. Will I received the AA Lifetime Miles?
Old Aug 21, 19, 5:42 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by TonyBurr View Post
I am booking a flight on the AA website, but the flight is operated by BA. It is a code share flight. Will I received the AA Lifetime Miles?
If it has an AA flight number, in this case it will earn miles as if it was operated by AA.
Old Aug 21, 19, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Yes it counts for million mile counter.
Old Aug 21, 19, 6:39 am

Programs: AA CK (as of April 2019)
Originally Posted by TonyBurr View Post
Yes, you will even earns Million Miles when you book on a OW partner's site and put in you AAdvantage # as where you want your trip to be awarded the mileage benefits.
Old Aug 21, 19, 7:59 am
VFR

Programs: AA PLT, DL PM
Notably, flights on AA codes always earn based on flight distance for Million Miler qualification, but flights on partners earn based on the base miles multiplier from that partner's earning chart, which is sometimes less than 100% but is never more than 100%.

For example, if you fly BOS-LHR on BA 238 in a G fare class, you'll earn 25% of miles flown for million miler qualification, but if you buy the codeshare for that flight AA 6175 in any fare class you will earn 100% of miles flown for million miler qualification.

A (small) consideration when you have a choice of marketing airlines.

Search this Thread