Support Animal in Flagship

Old Aug 20, 19, 2:00 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dallas, US
Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, HHonors G, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 178
Support Animal in Flagship

Hi,
I will be flying with a friend who does fly with an emotional support animal (small dog) and we have a layover longer than we want.
Have you guys ever seen a dog (not service/ blind assistant) in the Flagship? I am usual on Thursdays in the Flagship at ORD T3 and have never seen one, though I am only there for 30 mins ballpark.

Thanks!
Circusplaza is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 2:07 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AA LT Gold
Posts: 2,615
Originally Posted by Circusplaza View Post
Have you guys ever seen a dog (not service/ blind assistant) in the Flagship?
Yes, my friend's.
He was asked for paperwork multiple times including upon entering the Flagship lounge.
kumagoro likes this.
carlosdca is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 3:58 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Programs: AA-EXP
Posts: 266
Originally Posted by carlosdca View Post
Yes, my friend's.
He was asked for paperwork multiple times including upon entering the Flagship lounge.
That is a heck of a lot more than happens when boarding the plane. I wonder what would happen if everyone with their little support animal had to show paperwork to board?
Uzzar is online now  
Old Aug 20, 19, 5:37 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AA LT Gold
Posts: 2,615
Originally Posted by Uzzar View Post
That is a heck of a lot more than happens when boarding the plane. I wonder what would happen if everyone with their little support animal had to show paperwork to board?
Paper work was shown when boarding (bp scanning). On board, once we were all done and seated, one GA (not any of the ones that was working the flight) came in and asked to see the shrink letter once more.
carlosdca is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 6:24 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Posts: 6,976
Originally Posted by Uzzar View Post
That is a heck of a lot more than happens when boarding the plane. I wonder what would happen if everyone with their little support animal had to show paperwork to board?
they do now. I recently was delayed because 2 ladies and their dog (not in kennel) didn't have the required paperwork, and the FA, GA and flight crew discussed what to do with them for 20 minutes (we were all row 3 so I heard it all).
cynicAAl is offline  
Old Aug 20, 19, 7:54 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: JFK
Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
Posts: 23
I flew in Flagship Business LAX-JFK last week and there was an emotional support dog on the flight, so my guess is yes. He was very well behaved as well!
dcfit is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 1:02 am
  #7  
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Posts: 9,819
Moderator warning:

This is not a general discussion thread about emotional support animals. Please either stay on-topic or move along without posting.

Thanks.

/Moderator
JY1024 is offline  
Old Aug 21, 19, 8:55 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dallas, US
Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, HHonors G, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 178
Originally Posted by dcfit View Post
I flew in Flagship Business LAX-JFK last week and there was an emotional support dog on the flight, so my guess is yes. He was very well behaved as well!
Thanks!!
I am passing by ORD tomorrow, so will go through the Flagship Check-in and Lounge seeking for more information.
Cheers!

Last edited by Circusplaza; Aug 21, 19 at 10:20 am
Circusplaza is offline  
Old Aug 23, 19, 12:50 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dallas, US
Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, HHonors G, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 178
Confirmed yesterday at the Flagship - no problems at all.
As long as all paperwork is OK, no problems to go with an emotional support animal from the Flagship check-in to the seat, passing through the lounge.

Moderator, feel free to close this.
Circusplaza is offline  
Old Aug 23, 19, 8:20 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: DFW/DAL
Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Posts: 19,240
Originally Posted by cynicAAl View Post
they do now. I recently was delayed because 2 ladies and their dog (not in kennel) didn't have the required paperwork, and the FA, GA and flight crew discussed what to do with them for 20 minutes (we were all row 3 so I heard it all).
What did they do with them?
MSPeconomist likes this.
mvoight is offline  
Old Aug 23, 19, 11:35 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,445
I've never had a problem taking my dog into the FL. He is not officially a support animal so I pay the pet fee, and therefore that receipt is my only paperwork!
mvoight likes this.
spanishflea is offline  
Old Aug 24, 19, 12:12 am
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: DFW/DAL
Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Posts: 19,240
Originally Posted by spanishflea View Post
I've never had a problem taking my dog into the FL. He is not officially a support animal so I pay the pet fee, and therefore that receipt is my only paperwork!
I suspect AA has seen a significant reduction in pet fee income due to the ESA thing.
mvoight is offline  
Old Aug 24, 19, 12:57 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold
Posts: 131
Just rolling eyes. rolling eyes... And moving on.
northernlights1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread