Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Are certain business class seats on 787-9 considered exit row?

Old Aug 19, 19, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Travelling with minor. AA.com seat assignment page has warning on top that indicates that you cannot sit in exit row when traveling with minor under 15 years of age. Since that warning is displayed for business class page, I am unsure if any of the seats are technically exit row. Would not have thought so but the warning message has me question my intuition. I am currently seated in row 1 with my child.
Old Aug 19, 19, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Not to my knowledge. That said, when you selected your seat, did it display a popup asking you to explicitly acknowledge that you selected an exit row? If no, then should doubly be good.
Old Aug 19, 19, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
No, they’re not.
Old Aug 19, 19, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
No, they’re not.
Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
Not to my knowledge. That said, when you selected your seat, did it display a popup asking you to explicitly acknowledge that you selected an exit row? If no, then should doubly be good.
Thanks for quick feedback. I was able to select my seat without issues. In hindsight I assume the warning message pops up because I have minor on my reservation and is not specific to business class.
Antarius likes this.
Old Aug 19, 19, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by tramm7 View Post
Thanks for quick feedback. I was able to select my seat without issues. In hindsight I assume the warning message pops up because I have minor on my reservation and is not specific to business class.
Yeah, that's just the standard warning when selecting seats for reservations with minors.

As others have said, there are no J exits in the 789. Heck, I don't think ANY of the AA longhaul fleet has exits in any J cabins?
Old Aug 19, 19, 2:04 pm
Moderator, Amtrak

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by econometrics View Post
Yeah, that's just the standard warning when selecting seats for reservations with minors.

As others have said, there are no J exits in the 789. Heck, I don't think ANY of the AA longhaul fleet has exits in any J cabins?
Closest I think of is some of the BA Club seats in the upper deck are exit row seats in J.

Other than that I don't think I've seen it anywhere else.
Old Aug 19, 19, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin View Post
Closest I think of is some of the BA Club seats in the upper deck are exit row seats in J.

Other than that I don't think I've seen it anywhere else.
Yeah, and BA’s A321 lie-flats have exit rows, too.

Search this Thread