Partial AA Credit on a partner flight

Old Aug 19, 19, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Partial AA Credit on a partner flight

I flew a paid J ticket from RGN-KUL-NRT-DFW on MH/JL. I had my Alaska number in the reservation as it made sense to credit the JAL flights to Alaska vs. AA, but the MH flight won't post to Alaska as they aren't partners. Is it possible after the Alaska miles post to have the MH flight credited to AA as technically the flight will not have credited anywhere else even though my Alaska number is registered?
Old Aug 21, 19, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jmail1 View Post
I flew a paid J ticket from RGN-KUL-NRT-DFW on MH/JL. I had my Alaska number in the reservation as it made sense to credit the JAL flights to Alaska vs. AA, but the MH flight won't post to Alaska as they aren't partners. Is it possible after the Alaska miles post to have the MH flight credited to AA as technically the flight will not have credited anywhere else even though my Alaska number is registered?
Yes. As long as it doesnt credit anywhere else it can be credited to AA.
Old Aug 21, 19, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Yes. As long as it doesnt credit anywhere else it can be credited to AA.
Thanks flyerCo, so even if the flight technically has another FF number in the record, as long as it doesn't actually CREDIT to that airline (because they aren't partners) then I'm fine?
Old Aug 21, 19, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jmail1 View Post
Thanks flyerCo, so even if the flight technically has another FF number in the record, as long as it doesn't actually CREDIT to that airline (because they aren't partners) then I'm fine?
Correct. The system can tell if credit was given or not. In fact if you had both numbers in record it would see that segment didn't get credit.
jmail1 likes this.

Search this Thread