Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

HELP PLEASE: Can I add stopover in AUH to Etihad Award Flight (JFK-AUH-SIN)?

Old Aug 17, 19, 8:03 am
pmv
Original Poster

Original travel plans all awry due to Hong Kong unrest. Trying to turn SIN/HKG trip into AUH/SIN trip. Booked Etihad First Apartment with AA miles. Before I ping AA does anyone know if I can actually change a reservation to add in a stopover in AUH?

Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 19, 8:14 am

No. You can only stop for <24 hours.
Old Aug 17, 19, 8:47 am

Programs: OW Emerald
You can achieve it by splitting the award (e.g. JFK-AUH + AUH-SIN) with the appropriate mileage increase.
Old Aug 17, 19, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by pmv View Post
Original travel plans all awry due to Hong Kong unrest. Trying to turn SIN/HKG trip into AUH/SIN trip. Booked Etihad First Apartment with AA miles. Before I ping AA does anyone know if I can actually change a reservation to add in a stopover in AUH?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by jridge View Post
You can achieve it by splitting the award (e.g. JFK-AUH + AUH-SIN) with the appropriate mileage increase.
Yea, we need more details here about what flights you have and what you're actually trying to do.

If you're coming from the US, then you can't book USA-AUH-Asia on EY as a single award anyways, so it makes no difference in award pricing whether you stop in AUH for 4 hrs or 4 days.
JonNYC, jridge and T. Sanderson like this.

Search this Thread