Inflight Live TV Programing - NFL Games

Old Aug 14, 19, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1M
Inflight Live TV Programing - NFL Games

Looking for someone with some experience in coordinating flights around live NFL games. With AA's live TV capabilities what feed do they show, the national feed or a local feed?

For instance, I am looking to book a flight on Sept. 9th (NFL opening weekend) and I would like to know what, if any, games I will be able to view on a flight that day. I will adjust my travel plans accordingly.

The NFL will chooses its games regionally for example, FOX will show one game in Miami and a different game in Dallas at the same time. So if flying from Miami to Dallas, I wonder which will be broadcast inflight.
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:16 pm

The 9th is a Monday? Which means you can watch [email protected] at 7pET or [email protected] at 10pET...Both are on ESPN.
Old Aug 14, 19, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Depending on which aircraft you are flying, I have had great luck in streaming live TV through my Directv app on aircraft with the new ViaSat wifi installed.

If you are on an aircraft with that wifi and have directv or red zone app, I would anticipate you should be in luck to catch which ever game you would like.
Old Aug 14, 19, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
The only football Ive caught on AAs live tv has been soccer.

maybe others have better luck.
Old Aug 15, 19, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Proud Charter Member of the OUM
IIRC, the network feed (ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX) is the New York market feed. So I'd assume that whatever the NFL pushes to New York is what will show up in flight.
Old Aug 15, 19, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1M
Thanks, that makes sense. Meant to say above I am traveling on the 8th, which is the actual first Sunday.

The DirectTV app is a good idea,
Old Aug 16, 19, 8:39 pm

Programs: Aegean (Gold) American (ConceirgeKey)
I’ll second streaming with ViaSat either the ESPN app (MNF, college games, college basketball) or the NFL Sunday Ticket (live) or NFL (recorded day of) apps. I’ve watched many a Penn State, Steelers or Duke BB games that way over the past year/two since ViaSat has been available.
Old Aug 17, 19, 6:29 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; HH Dia; Bonvoy Amb; Hertz PC; National EE; AXP Plat; Chase CSR; Citi Prestige; WDW Passh
If you're on a widebody with Live TV, you may be watching SPORT 24 which carries NFL games. I just checked their schedule for 8 September, and it shows they will be carrying NFL that day but the matchup is TBC vs TBC.

On a quick side note, I watched Super Bowl LI on SPORT 24 when flying AKL-LAX. But all of the Live TV froze on the plane in the 4th quarter. We didn't know the outcome until we landed, and missed one of the most incredible comebacks ever!
Old Aug 17, 19, 7:15 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I've been very pleased with the Sport 24 feed of the NFL. Such a nice option.

Search this Thread