Wiki Posts
Search

Comp AC Membership?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American, Bonvoy, HHonors
Comp AC Membership?

Back in my US Chairman days, I used to get my annual US Club membership comped when I flew over a certain mileage - 125K or 150K, I think.

Has AA continued this? (Last few years, I've just squeaked into EXP, but I will hit 150K next week - the day after my annual AC membership expires...)
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I believe only for CK. I think even US did away with the comp memberships for CPs many years before the merger.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. Pretty sure I never paid for US Lounge, after my first year in The Program , so this is likely an AA thing. # ThankYouMrParker
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Alonzo Mosley
Thanks. Pretty sure I never paid for US Lounge, after my first year in The Program , so this is likely an AA thing. # ThankYouMrParker
In two more months Doggie will send paid-in-full Lifetime AAdmirals Members packing.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
I mean, I'm as happy to gripe about Parker as the next customer, but he came from US, not AA.
arollins and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ashill
... he came from US, not AA.
As did I...
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Tanic
In two more months Doggie will send paid-in-full Lifetime AAdmirals Members packing.
Is this true or are you speculating? And I presume you mean Dougie rather than a canine.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
If there's no comp AC membership other than to CKs (and that's not a LUS thing) then why would someone not a CK expect a membership? Or why would they expect Parker to grant them a membership? If someone has a lifetime membership (I don't even know if that exists) then AA either abides by the terms of that contract or risks a legal suite.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
If there's no comp AC membership other than to CKs (and that's not a LUS thing) then why would someone not a CK expect a membership? Or why would they expect Parker to grant them a membership? If someone has a lifetime membership (I don't even know if that exists) then AA either abides by the terms of that contract or risks a legal suite.
Lifetime membership was last sold over a decade ago. As the contract was for life, there's many still with them.

Also dont think anyone is expecting one. Rather asking if this is still a thing.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by dickinson
Is this true or are you speculating?
The new policy will be enforced on Lifetime Admirals Club Members who paid for our memberships under different Terms and Conditions. DL has instituted a similar policy for their Sky Clubs but do not deny entry to their loyal lifetime members.

See: Changes to Membership
Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Tanic
The new policy will be enforced on Lifetime Admirals Club Members who paid for our memberships under different Terms and Conditions. DL has instituted a similar policy for their Sky Clubs but do not deny entry to their loyal lifetime members.

See: Changes to Membership
Tanic's point is that folks bought lifetime memberships that allowed them AC access even when not traveling on AA, but will now be subject to the same new terms as everyone, i.e. access only when flying AA.

End of the day, not a huge deal. In 2005, the lifetime memberships went for $5500 ($5300 for then-current members, and $2500 for over-65s). Even if there were a legal basis on which to sue, the amount of that membership fee that you could reasonably allocate to post-11/1/2019 "access on non-AA travel days" would have to be de minimis. Not newsworthy.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Off topic, but it does kinda suck. Part of the point is to have a nice place to relax away from gen pop - regardless of what metal you're going to be couped up in. The Centurion Lounges are nice but always way too crowded - and too few.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

I know it's hush-hush, but would love to know What It Takes for CK. Since August 15, 2018, I've flown 197,212 miles and spent $30,285 on AA - and I have reservations of about $2200 (and 14,000 miles) booked for the next 3 weeks alone....
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I know it's hush-hush, but would love to know What It Takes for CK. Since August 15, 2018, I've flown 197,212 miles and spent $30,285 on AA - and I have reservations of about $2200 (and 14,000 miles) booked for the next 3 weeks alone....
It definitely varies. My friend was a CK for several years but barely flew. However, he booked the travel for a senior exec at a major bank and AA gave it to him as a result of being in that position (and likely as part of the corporate contract that bank had with AA). However, there is another thread somewhat I think with anecdotal spend figures. For some reason $60K plus is in my head.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
It's generally based on profitability - dollars per segment and dollars per mile, From what I read on this board, you probably need about double that spend in an annual measurement period with the same(ish) amount of miles. Over 1000 dollars per segment is likely the starting point for consideration. It's possible to get it awarded on a run-rate basis, even before qualifying for EXP (that happened to me this year - not sure how common that is).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.