Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW-TLV / Tel Aviv, Israel 3x weekly starting 9/9/2020

Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Operating with B787

source: https://www.nasdaq.com/press-release...ppvjWxM9qAOxyc

good news for all TLV flyers
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Didn't AA claim that the TLV route in not profitable?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:20 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA Plat, DL Silver, SPG Titanium
Good for AA, but that frequency is pretty pathetic.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I'm very curious to see which 3 days and what time the flights will be scheduled.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:38 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by Houminer
Despite running it for 6 years ex-PHL, when they canceled it Parker said it was never a money maker, and lost $20M in the final year. I would think East coast - TLV would still be a better option for connection options. I can't imagine O&D from DFW is stronger, so I guess they'll be relying on connections from points West/Central.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
Originally Posted by ikwia
I'm very curious to see which 3 days and what time the flights will be scheduled.
It's a little tricky. Say the flight is around 13 hours going & around 14 hours coming back (I'm being loose here.)
Maybe it leaves DFW at 9pm & it arrives at 6 pm the next day.. Then give it 4 hours on the ground.
It departs TLV at 10pm & arrives back in DFW at 6am.
A full cycle takes ~31 hours or so & then the plane is idle in DFW for 17 hours. So they'd probably want to find a pair of 5-hour flights to make use of the jet.
To move to daily service would require an additional jet.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I'll be the happy voice on this. As someone who currently has to double connect to get to TLV (on any airline), a DFW-TLV flight is wonderful even if only 3 days a week.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Yes, having done the double connect earlier this year from DFW, this makes a huge difference. It will be interesting to see if this ends up being more successful than PHL was.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
This is cool, but are there really more people going to TLV in or around DFW than the east coast? Not sure why, but I would have guessed that the east coast had more people trying to get to TLV.
ijgordon, LINDEGR and TravisMT81 like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bchandler02
This is cool, but are there really more people going to TLV in or around DFW than the east coast? Not sure why, but I would have guessed that the east coast had more people trying to get to TLV.
Am I the only one a little surprised that they specifically cited the tech industry in the press release? If truthful, it would seem to imply they are targeting some specific corporate accounts versus targeting demographics. But a year out is a pretty long time to wait for a business oriented flight....

As demand continues to grow between the U.S. and TLV, American is adding three weekly flights from DFW, its largest hub. These flights will serve customers throughout the U.S. and allow many customers to make only one stop, rather than the previous two stops that were available, to TLV. And as the tech industry continues to grow in the market, American will provide the most efficient routing to U.S. tech cities like Austin, Texas, and San Jose, California, in addition to one-stop service to 33 new cities in the U.S.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Tech industry or pharma?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Delta Diamond,Holiday Inn Dia Ambassador ,AA Gold
Originally Posted by Houminer
There was also the issue of ex TWA workers and monies owed them as well as fear of a plane being impounded by the Israeli tax authorities... I don't think the route wasn't profitable.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Tech industry or pharma?
Neither. The route is all about connections.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:15 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by mshachar
There was also the issue of ex TWA workers and monies owed them as well as fear of a plane being impounded by the Israeli tax authorities... I don't think the route wasn't profitable.
That was all urban legend.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mshachar
I've been actively debunking that one for a long time:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30862336-post7.html

And before that as well.
SK, aamilesslave, LINDEGR and 4 others like this.

Last edited by JonNYC; Aug 8, 2019 at 8:30 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.