Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW-TLV / Tel Aviv, Israel 3x weekly starting 9/9/2020

DFW-TLV / Tel Aviv, Israel 3x weekly starting 9/9/2020

Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by econometrics
There's been a lot of back-and-forth on the scheduling of this route, I've noticed. I was booked on it for a trip that I just canceled for other reasons. But they had re-scheduled me automatically because of some of the days of the week changes.
Interesting. I noticed on OMAAT in December the article said that Eastbound service will be Sun, Tues, & Fri. However, I am booked on a Saturday night flying eastbound so I guess it changed since that article. . Currently looks like Mon, Thurs, Sat for Eastbound. I hope the current schedule is correct and I wont get a schedule change. As it is already very bummed of the 789 to 772 switch. With hotel plans and a flight to Dubai from Tlv all in place, a schedule change would def mess that up.

In the current schedule they will be returning Westbound on a Friday which I would think doesnt make sense due to religious reasons, so many wont fly on an 11pm after sundown flight from Tlv. So I dont quite see why AA added Thurs as an eastbound option given that means they are going westbound on Friday and it leaves well after dark from Tlv on the Friday.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
UA and DL have always operated flights on Friday evenings and Saturdays out of TLV. Many travelers including myself have intentionally booked them because you don't miss any work days in transit and the airport is relatively empty and free of the usual long lines. Just need to be mindful of transit options to/from the airport.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by njvandy
UA and DL have always operated flights on Friday evenings and Saturdays out of TLV. Many travelers including myself have intentionally booked them because you don't miss any work days in transit and the airport is relatively empty and free of the usual long lines. Just need to be mindful of transit options to/from the airport.
Interesting, and good to know, thanks. I think I had read that somewhere else also about transportation issues to TLV late on a Friday/Saturday day time.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:10 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
In the current schedule they will be returning Westbound on a Friday which I would think doesnt make sense due to religious reasons, so many wont fly on an 11pm after sundown flight from Tlv.
The passenger base that won't fly on the sabbath was adequately served well before the UA/AA/DL adds over the last few years, and the massive growth in TLV traffic is not dependent on or even slightly targeting this base.

Originally Posted by njvandy
Yes, transit can be an issue, but BA, VS, LH, LX, DL, UA, AA, etc. have always operated from TLV on the sabbath and have found sufficient demand (and their passengers have found their way to the airport just fine...)
econometrics and joeyE like this.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Jul 7, 2021 at 11:11 pm Reason: clarif.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
The passenger base that won't fly on the sabbath was adequately served well before the UA/AA/DL adds over the last few years, and the massive growth in TLV traffic is not dependent on or even slightly targeting this base.

Yes, transit can be an issue, but BA, VS, LH, LX, DL, UA, AA, etc. have always operated from TLV on the sabbath and have found sufficient demand (and their passengers have found their way to the airport just fine...)
Interesting stuff, dont really know much about the TLV market and what not.

At this point just bummed the 789 was swapped to a 772 and also worried what if AA doesnt even launch the TLV route Oct 31 how planned and I have a headache to deal with for my November trip. The 3 x a week thing worries me too, while i get it, i just hope they dont switch up the days since i have other flights, hotels, etc worked in.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:23 pm

Interesting stuff, dont really know much about the TLV market and what not.

At this point just bummed the 789 was swapped to a 772 and also worried what if AA doesnt even launch the TLV route Oct 31 how planned and I have a headache to deal with for my November trip. The 3 x a week thing worries me too, while i get it, i just hope they dont switch up the days since i have other flights, hotels, etc worked in.
While I sympathize with the aircraft change...should there be any meaningful disruption to your booked itinerary, AA can re-route you via their daily service via JFK or BA service via LHR. Your trip is unlikely to be jeopardized by air carrier operations, at least.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
While I sympathize with the aircraft change...should there be any meaningful disruption to your booked itinerary, AA can re-route you via their daily service via JFK or BA service via LHR. Your trip is unlikely to be jeopardized by air carrier operations, at least.
I didnt even think about those other options, especially BA. Down for BA if its the new seats with the doors. So if DFW service doesnt get off the ground but JfK does they will move me out of JFK for the same price, no additional payment? What if the change is as subtle as DFW's 3 days are moved to a diff 3 days and my Saturday is not more, they would even move me to Jfk no charge in that scenario?
Old Jul 8, 2021, 3:02 pm

I didnt even think about those other options, especially BA. Down for BA if its the new seats with the doors. So if DFW service doesnt get off the ground but JfK does they will move me out of JFK for the same price, no additional payment? What if the change is as subtle as DFW's 3 days are moved to a diff 3 days and my Saturday is not more, they would even move me to Jfk no charge in that scenario?
If the DFW flight is suspended on your booked date, you should be able to change to day before/day after on AA or keep your original date on another AA/partner routing (DFW-NYC-TLV included) without additional fare.
happiest_at_40000 likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
American cites “soft” demand and cancels planned service between DFW and TLV:
Due to soft demand, we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel planned service between Dallas-Fort Worth and Tel Aviv (TLV). American is committed to Israel – we currently serve TLV from Miami and New York-JFK. We’re proactively reaching out to customers scheduled to travel on affected dates to offer alternate travel arrangements.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Sigh. As expected BLR is also gone.
Old May 26, 2022, 2:27 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Sigh. As expected BLR is also gone.
Tel Aviv was canceled. Bangalore was postponed:
Over the weekend, we paused the launch of scheduled service between Seattle and Bengaluru, India, until Summer 2023. The safety of our customers and team members is American’s top priority. As this route requires flying through airspace currently involved in a military conflict, we postponed the flight out of an abundance of caution. We’re proactively reaching out to customers scheduled to travel on affected dates to offer alternate options.
However, that is a topic for a different thread.
Old May 27, 2022, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Interesting, and good to know, thanks. I think I had read that somewhere else also about transportation issues to TLV late on a Friday/Saturday day time.
Transportation is more limited, but not impossible. However, I had experienced angry behavior when driving on streets in Jerusalem which were not the ones closed to traffic during Shabat
Old May 27, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by mvoight
Transportation is more limited, but not impossible. However, I had experienced angry behavior when driving on streets in Jerusalem which were not the ones closed to traffic during Shabat
How long ago was this? I can assure you this is extremely rare unless you happen to be driving down a residential street in an ultra Orthodox neighborhood.
TWA884 likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 1:13 pm

We're proactively reaching out to customers scheduled to travel on affected dates to offer alternate travel arrangements.
Just discovered this today with a new routing via LGA overland at my expense to JFK to TLV. Kind of crummy, will look at MIA or perhaps JetBlue to JFK skipping the overland from LGA part.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.