Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

August 2019 international expansion announced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: reeg2
American Airlines new routes announcements

AA announced these new routes 8 August 2019:

DFW-TLV (Tel Aviv) 3x weekly 789 year-round, starting 09/2020
ORD-BUD (Budapest), 4x weekly 788 seasonal, runs 05/2020-10/2020
ORD-KRK (Krakow) , 5x weekly 788 seasonal, runs 05/2020-10/2020
ORD-PRG (Prague), 5x weekly 788 seasonal, runs 05/2020-10/2020
PHL-CMN (Casablanca) 3x weekly 752 seasonal, runs 06/2020-09/2020

New flights will be available for purchase Aug. 12, with the exception of TLV, which will be available for purchase Oct. 10.

See post #1 for more detail
Print Wikipost

August 2019 international expansion announced

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
Have you been to Newark? it is not wealthy! Admittedly, Philly as a city has a high poverty rate but it has a lot of old money too and a lot of suburbs are quite wealthy!
My point was about the NYC-CPT market, not EWR area. One can also argue about the wealth disparity and poverty in CPT as well. I would assume that city pair would have more O&D traffic than PHL-CMN.

Of course AT can also provide connections to other African destinations, but isn't the African VFR concentrated around DC-area. In any case, I do hope AA succeeds, but it will just be heavily reliant on US point of sale.

Also kinda cool that AA now has most non-stop flights to Eastern Europe out of the US3 (KRK, BUD, PRG, DBK). 1 destination behind AC's Eastern Europe coverage (WAW, BUD, PRG, OTP, ZAG). I'll have to calculate how they measure up on capacity.
LINDEGR likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Antarius
T8 might be the best facility AA has systemwide. What else do they have that's nice?
DFW D is up there, especially now that the FL and FFD are open.
Antarius and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:33 pm
formerly smoaky

Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry

I’m speaking about the last few years. But yes you are right.
You're right, no one wants to fly out of PHL. How many business travelers go through PHL in the first place?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
If its a 757, I'd prefer to wait in Casablanca for a Lockheed Electra ...….and wait and wait and wait
Your Uncle Dougie says:
Attached Images  
enpremiere likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by smoaky
You're right, no one wants to fly out of PHL. How many business travelers go through PHL in the first place?
Actually, they tried PHL-TLV, but they couldn't have enough profitable. They losing the money. They flew PHL-TLV for 8 years. No one who wants go through PHL hub. Only JFK. There is largest Jewish community who lived in NYC area.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:16 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by linglingfool
LO very randomly flies ORD-BUD 2x weekly (Tu/S) - I would be shocked if there were not subsidies involved here.
LO is about to cease BUD-ORD and replace it with BUD-ICN...
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:17 am

DBV

It looks like DBV will be a daily service next year with prolonged season. Service will start earlier and end later.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Are we expecting more route announcements, or was this the huge, all-encompassing announcement?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by justforfun
Are we expecting more route announcements, or was this the huge, all-encompassing announcement?
I believe there’s another Next week.
justforfun likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
......No one wants to connect in PHL, particularly when so many other airlines have better hubs and service.
And summer is an awful time to start this route.
I love these, IMO, faulty generalization posts. Just a ? How many times have you connected in PHL and/or know the figuratively millions (No One) who have said they don't want to connect in PHL?? Why is Summer an "awful time to start this route"? Casablanca was possibly chosen as an initial (test) entry point into Africa, with onward connections via OW partner Royal Air Maroc.
LINDEGR likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Djokison

I believe there’s another Next week.
Are you sure about another announcement next week because I was hoping /expecting ZAG to be launched.

https://www.croatiaweek.com/direct-flights-from-new-york-to-zagreb-hopefully-next-summer-says-minister/

This is an article that was released last year regarding ZAG.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 5:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
757 to CMN ? Really ? AA can shove its 757. I will fly AT 789 or 788 from/to MIA/BOS/JFK/IAD/YUL to CMN instead.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 5:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by dls25
[...]
PHL is fine as an international gateway. They just really need to get that Flagship lounge built.
I agree. The lounge offering is subpar.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by NOIR
Are you sure about another announcement next week because I was hoping /expecting ZAG to be launched.

https://www.croatiaweek.com/direct-flights-from-new-york-to-zagreb-hopefully-next-summer-says-minister/

This is an article that was released last year regarding ZAG.
I don’t think there’ll be any more Europe ads. I expect the next announcement to be Oceania and Asia (-TLV) related.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by allset2travel
The only bonus at JFK is the Flagship F lounge.
I'm not really talking about the facilities at JFK. Every time I look, the 3 NYC airports are almost always at the bottom of the on time rankings. Give me a connection I make in a "crappy" terminal over all the lounges and fancy terminals I get extra time in because I missed my connection. And yes, I realize PHL is not exactly a star performer here either, but usually better than JFK.
LINDEGR likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.