Canceled AA 1587 jfk phx

Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Lax would be great as they probably have a bed. I doubt they gonna do this. Haha.
Let's see. Just touched down.
Weather here is totally OK.
So it's hard for me to understand that I have to suffer because some where else are thunderstorm.. Know what I mean? How can they cancel a flight 4h ahead due to weather that is not on my route.? And then not pay compensation. That's a bit annoying.
Let's hope they will offer a good service.
Thnx for the input.
Current weather at JFK:KJFK 071724Z 0718/0824 17014G24KT P6SM VCTS SCT035CB OVC050
The "VCTS" means thunderstorms in the vicinity
The "CB" means cumulonimbus clouds
"OVC050" means ceilings are 5000 feet and overcast

I would venture to say the weather is not OK.
wrp96 and Uzzar like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by dblumenhoff
Current weather at JFK:KJFK 071724Z 0718/0824 17014G24KT P6SM VCTS SCT035CB OVC050
The "VCTS" means thunderstorms in the vicinity
The "CB" means cumulonimbus clouds
"OVC050" means ceilings are 5000 feet and overcast

I would venture to say the weather is not OK.
Basically, the inbound domestic flights are being cancelled to the international flights can land.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
No ck treatment.. But very nice service and help at the flagship check in.
Not sure how but I got a business seat to lax tonight.. And the to Vegas. Thnx for the ideas.
And fingers crossed it will fly.. Already more than 2h delayed. But better than a night at a jfk hotel.. Which they also offered.
Spiff, JJeffrey, ijgordon and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA, AS, SQ, Hilton Diamond, PC Platinum, National Exec
Good luck, it looks like DL975 just got out in time.

Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
OP has separate tickets to those issues largely don't apply.
The separate tickets apparently start at PHX. The JFK-PHX segment was part of the ticket from the EU. As an EU originating passenger the OP is due EC261 duty of care (at the very least) until the final destination on that ticket so until he gets to PHX, which sounds like they were going to follow by offering him a hotel at JFK.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Dan6681
Good luck, it looks like DL975 just got out in time.

Wow! That is some really crazy looking wx.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Originally Posted by wrp96
The separate tickets apparently start at PHX. The JFK-PHX segment was part of the ticket from the EU. As an EU originating passenger the OP is due EC261 duty of care (at the very least) until the final destination on that ticket so until he gets to PHX, which sounds like they were going to follow by offering him a hotel at JFK.
I think AA will claim that EU261 compensation would only apply if the pax insists on getting to PHX -- because compensation amounts are determined by the delay to the final destination on the ticket. But since the pax seems to have voluntarily accepted a reroute to LAS, I don't think AA will pay out anything.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by seenitall
I think AA will claim that EU261 compensation would only apply if the pax insists on getting to PHX -- because compensation amounts are determined by the delay to the final destination on the ticket. But since the pax seems to have voluntarily accepted a reroute to LAS, I don't think AA will pay out anything.
EC261 compensation would probably be denied anyways because the cause is weather. BUT, the duty of care still applies, hence the required offer of the hotel.
ijgordon and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I read the thread twice but I didn’t see where the OP said AA bought a business class ticket for him on OAL? If that’s the case that must drive AA bonkers to pay $$ to OAL.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, he said AA re-routed him JFK-LAX-LAS, instead of a hotel + JFK-PHX the next day (or later).
wrp96 and Vasco Pridat like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
Wow! That is some really crazy looking wx.
I wish it was like that map showed. It was alot worse, had my wipers on full speed and it still couldnt keep the water off the windshield, roads flooded all over. Lightning and thunder like I havent seen/heard in years. It just let up but m,an the past hour+ was something I hope not to have to go thru again

Happy I made it home w/o being in an accident which were all over the roads. Grateful Im not flying in or out today, man its gonna take hours to get everything back to normal, wouldnt be surprised if the CXes keep mounting
wrp96 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by ijgordon
No, he said AA re-routed him JFK-LAX-LAS, instead of a hotel + JFK-PHX the next day (or later).
I have a feeling the OP will be staying in a hotel, near either LAX or JFK. Here is the latest schedule of flights between JFK and LAX:
https://flightaware.com/live/findfli...stination=KLAX

The AA flights all seem to be delayed until 9pm Eastern, getting into LAX around midnight. Not sure there will be any connections to LAS at that hour.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by aztimm
I have a feeling the OP will be staying in a hotel, near either LAX or JFK. Here is the latest schedule of flights between JFK and LAX:
https://flightaware.com/live/findfli...stination=KLAX

The AA flights all seem to be delayed until 9pm Eastern, getting into LAX around midnight. Not sure there will be any connections to LAS at that hour.
Definitely not looking good but I'd rather be sitting in J on the way to LAX,. AA has 7 non-stops from LAX to LAS tomorrow and there are probably another 20 or more between UA, DL, and WN.
aztimm likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Definitely not looking good but I'd rather be sitting in J on the way to LAX,. AA has 7 non-stops from LAX to LAS tomorrow and there are probably another 20 or more between UA, DL, and WN.
True, and it is drivable from LAX, if needed. Well a far easier drive than from JFK (probably even more so than from PHX)
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 6:07 pm

In a situation like this where the OP doesnt make his PHX-LAS leg, if they have a return it would be canceled automatically?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.