Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Who has the lowest AAdvantage number, oldest AAdvantage card?

Old Jan 16, 19, 9:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP

I was an "admiral" in college. On the admission committee while student and dated an AA FA whose Dad was big shot. It was great. Always flew first out of Boston on a Student Standbye. Then in the 80s, the Advantage program started. I usually get commented on when I flew AA (not so much any more) as my number was 3zeros, 1 and 3 digits (ie 4 digits). Wonder if anyone has lower number?
Old Jan 16, 19, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
Years ago we had a thread about this. A bunch of people from the 80's (including me, do not seem to have numbers that are sequential). See:
AAdvantage number
Also, this thread includes a lot of discussion of numbers and joining date:
When did you join AAdvantage?
MorganB likes this.
Old Jan 17, 19, 7:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
Years ago we had a thread about this. A bunch of people from the 80's (including me, do not seem to have numbers that are sequential). See:
AAdvantage number
Also, this thread includes a lot of discussion of numbers and joining date:
When did you join AAdvantage?
i was invited 1981. I was an admiral. In looking at your link, Dudster also at beginning with no letters. As I recall from wiki -- there were 190 admirals who were invited and the most frequent flyers from hubs (station manager invited)
MorganB likes this.
Old Jul 31, 19, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Who has the oldest AAdvantage card?

I'm curious who has the oldest physical AAdvantage card? I think mine is from July 1990 when I joined. They used to send them out as soon as you joined or perhaps you had to take a flight . Don't recall.

Last edited by MorganB; Aug 1, 19 at 8:41 pm Reason: to correct join date
Old Aug 1, 19, 6:28 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
mine is from 1984. its somewhere in my collection of other airline cards... TWA, PA AM, Eastern, airtran.... etc
MorganB likes this.
Old Aug 1, 19, 7:47 am

I think mine is 1984 or 85. It’s buried somewhere around here.
MorganB likes this.
Old Aug 1, 19, 9:36 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member

Circa 2000....So I'm kind of a big deal.....I own many leather-bound books & my apartment smells like rich mahogany.
Old Aug 1, 19, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Who has the oldest AAdvantage card? Or, perhaps, the lowest number? In the beginning, the numbers were issued sequentially; although I don't know what the first number was. Mine is in the low 400,000s -- 041xxxx.
Old Aug 1, 19, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
Who has the oldest AAdvantage card? Or, perhaps, the lowest number? In the beginning, the numbers were issued sequentially; although I don't know what the first number was. Mine is in the low 400,000s -- 041xxxx.
Interesting. Mine starts with letters rather than numbers (AAA1111). I wonder when that change was made. There is a number embossed on my card as well in the lower right but you can't really see it. Not sure what that number is .

Last edited by MorganB; Aug 1, 19 at 7:46 pm
Old Aug 1, 19, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by joeyE View Post

Circa 2000....So I'm kind of a big deal.....I own many leather-bound books & my apartment smells like rich mahogany.
Don't you mean manor instead of apartment? 😉
Old Aug 1, 19, 3:50 pm

TWA card from the 90's

Took $20,000 spend to qualify
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Aug 1, 19, 4:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MorganB View Post
Interesting. Mine starts with letters rather than numbers. I wonder when that change was made. There is a number embossed on my card as well in the lower right but you can't really see it. Not sure what that number is .
Perhaps 2003/2004? I enrolled in early 2003 and received an all-number account. For some reason I forgot about it and re-enrollee in late 2003, and received one that began with a letter - only recently discovered the duplicate accounts after AA customer service contacted me and merged the accounts.
Old Aug 1, 19, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
In the beginning back in the early ‘80’s was the program called AAdvantage? I know I was there in the very beginning of both Delta and AA and have cards somewhere. My DL FF Number is really an oldie and I often get comments on it from Gate Agents. I also have my original Delta Crown Room Luggage tag with my DL FF Number on it.
Old Aug 1, 19, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by AAEmpireState View Post

Perhaps 2003/2004? I enrolled in early 2003 and received an all-number account. For some reason I forgot about it and re-enrollee in late 2003, and received one that began with a letter - only recently discovered the duplicate accounts after AA customer service contacted me and merged the accounts.
Maybe they switch back and forth because mine is letters and numbers (AAA1111) but its from the 90s. I can't find a "member since" on my account anywhere to post the exact date unfortunately.

Last edited by MorganB; Aug 1, 19 at 6:41 pm
Old Aug 1, 19, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Exp
Numerous threads and posts here

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ge-number.html

on the topic of AAdvantage numbering.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: