Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum select world Elite - free baggage questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG75k, Marriott Gold, SPG

Hi,
has anyone had success on using this CC for a free checked bag on domestic first leg and international second leg?

I’m flying sea to mia and then onto curaçao.

My question is, could I get lucky with a gate agent and get checked bagged fee waived? It’s been simply showing my card for domestic flights.

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
The system will make it quite clear to the check-in agent if a fee is required for a checked bag.

If you want to gate check your carry-on bag through to your final destination most gate agents on the other hand will do this for free.

The domestic bag waiver is linked to your AAdvantagee account, showing your card is not needed to use the benefit when it applies
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by willyplur
Hi,
has anyone had success on using this CC for a free checked bag on domestic first leg and international second leg?

I’m flying sea to mia and then onto curaçao.

My question is, could I get lucky with a gate agent and get checked bagged fee waived? It’s been simply showing my card for domestic flights.

Thanks!
No. The card benefit for both the Barclays and Citi brands is for wholly-domestic trips only.

Any anecdotal stories to the contrary are a result of policy deviation or agent ignorance.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Could you get lucky? Yes.

Should you plan on it? No.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.