Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA History: Oldest Flight with Unchanged Flight Number

AA History: Oldest Flight with Unchanged Flight Number

Old Jul 25, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JDiver
Perhaps you flew in more than one aircraft, because Im sure you dont remember the dry loud noise and props through the window on a turbojet aircraft. DC-7s were still around in the 1960s, though sometimes on less important routes. (In 1965 I flew in a UA DC-7C SMF-SFO.) And perhaps it wasnt Pan Am? Depending on the year, it looks like PA east-west USA flights were operated by AA. See below 1966.
I know for sure the wings I got from the pilots were Pan Am. But perhaps there was another flight involved. We were living in Newport, RI at the time and we had to get to New York somehow and I dont remember if my father drove us or if we might have flown there. I know it wasnt by train because I would have remembered that for sure. Unfortunately, neither of my parents are around any longer to ask.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.