Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

This guy’s feet were on our to be shared Admirals Club table

Old Jul 20, 19, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; VA Gold; QF Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold; National ExecElite

[
Make yourself comfortable
Not the worst lounge behavior, but still.

Right now, PHL B/C Admirals Club. I had to ask him to move his feet off the common table so I could set my snack down.[/left]
Attached Images  
railmatt and kingstontoon like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 20, 19 at 5:58 pm Reason: Alter photo, title to comply with FT Rules
Old Jul 20, 19, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doesn’t count unless you have a picture.
Old Jul 20, 19, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Terrible etiquette on his part, sure.

But while we we are on an etiquette kick: what's good etiquette have to say about clandestine picture-taking and public posting of people's faces?
SJOGuy, carlosdca, lobo411 and 7 others like this.
Old Jul 20, 19, 4:17 pm

Programs: MSC (Miles Slut Club); Cunard- Diamond 300+; Princess- Elite 200+; RCCL- D Plus; QF LTG; CA P
yes it is very bad manner. If the guy think it is OK to be publicly display bad mannered, I am sure he would mind to be photographed and publicised.
Old Jul 20, 19, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
As an aside, when I moved to Japan I was surprised to learn that all mobile phones are required by law to make a sound when taking a picture - meant to prevent criminal invasions of privacy, I presume, but also precludes me from taking photos of things like this.
Old Jul 20, 19, 5:33 pm

If this is the worst part of your day, count yourself lucky. It doesn’t matter the country, the lounge, the gender, the age, or anything else ... people aren’t all as polite as we’d hope. I’m still so intrigued people have time to post about this stuff.

I’ll assume you have a long layover with no work to do. Have another glass of (cheap nasty) wine and continue on. Safe travels!
UAPremierGuy, nancypants and jgor like this.
Old Jul 20, 19, 5:48 pm

Programs: AGR S, SPG PLT, MAR PLT, HGP Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Poor lounge behavior is the last thing on my list causing bother while traveling.
Old Jul 20, 19, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Posting his picture is 100% unacceptable imo regardless of his behavior. You have completely invaded his privacy given you have his face displayed and may now be legally liable to defamation. Unlike the feet picture playing with IFV you can see his face vs feet guy

Look, how would you feel if someone posted your face online like this. What if his employer sees this?
Old Jul 20, 19, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Nuhusky View Post
Posting his picture is 100% unacceptable imo regardless of his behavior. You have completely invaded his privacy given you have his face displayed and may now be legally liable to defamation. Unlike the feet picture playing with IFV you can see his face vs feet guy

Look, how would you feel if someone posted your face online like this. What if his employer sees this?
"Defamation" requires that something be said that is provable true/false. Nothing in this photo that is defamatory. Nor does it seem to be "false light" as what is shown/described is true.
Old Jul 20, 19, 6:12 pm

Nope. The pic was taken in a public space. It is not like he went into the guys house.
Old Jul 20, 19, 6:14 pm
FTA

Look, how would you feel if someone posted your face online like this.
Is that you in the pic. Public space so tough luck
watersign likes this.
Old Jul 20, 19, 6:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posting such a photograph unedited may be legal, but it’s not acceptable here. The photo has been edited.

Old Jul 20, 19, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Defamation – To prove defamation, the photo posted by someone else on a social media site would have to defame you. That means the image would harm your reputation or create a false impression of you.

but either way pic is gone
Old Jul 20, 19, 7:31 pm

Unacceptable.

By the way, recently someone posted a photo showing shoes on table behavior in an Alaska Airlines Lounge.

(What shoes are those?)
Old Jul 20, 19, 7:46 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Posting such a photograph unedited may be legal, but it’s not acceptable here. The photo has been edited.

Having only seen the edited photo above, the poor bloke looks to have fallen asleep in the sun
JDiver and GrumpyYoungMan like this.

Search this Thread